Hey, AB...

My nephew ,my parents raised him since he was approx. Two yrs old,he would have been 22 yesterday.I was pretty close to him when he was growing up ,up until I got married and he turned into a typical teenager. He had a substance abuse problem ,but had beaten it gone and gone back to school .The day before he died he had been at my parents for supper and said he figured he did great on his Behavioural Psych final,this was confirmed by his teacher who came to his Service and said he'd gotten an "A".He was more than a nephew or brother ,he was like the son I'll never have. His Dad managed to make it to the Funeral,they had been emailing each other the last couple of months and seemed to be getting close.His mother(my sister) is who only knows,last we heard she was in Calgary ,but nobodys been able to locate her to let her know.She has two other sons who are 11 and 13 by a different father than Derek and hasn't made any effort to contact them the last year,they live with their Dad and Stepmother about two hour drive from here.

Thats all I can type .

I'd had a feeling he was related to you somehow but wasn't sure how. I'm sorry to hear about what happened to him. It's never fun for me to hear of someone in my age group passing away.

Back