Hey all you tree huggers ...

ooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!

I'd love to and definitely would...but it says Americans :hmm:

*hates the Alaskan Pipeline Project*

Ku'u,

Theres a surfing thread in the real world that you should have a peek at. We could do with your expert opinion on the subject at hand.

I read the article again and this time I saw that the form provides for provinces and Postal Codes so I did it.

Raising automobile fuel ECONOMY standards to 40 miles per gallon would save more oil than we import from the entire Persian Gulf
A few things here:
1) The US itself doesn't import much oil from the gulf. The bulk of it comes from thsi hemisphere. Yes, OPEC's decisions have an effect on prices here too, but if a few wells in the Gulf of Mexico stopped flowing, it would make prices go up in Asia and Europe too.
2) Ever try to get a vehicle large enough to carry a family of six or seven, with all their stuff, to accelerate fast enough to not be a road hazard with an engine that gets 40 miles to the gallon?

Thanks, Ink. Why do so many people think we get all our oil from the middle east?

Oh, and your second question; It is entirely possible to build such a car with current technology. All it takes is money and there is no evidence that it would be profitable. :shrug:

Oh, and Ku'u, the Sierra Club ties too much of the rest of their political agenda to their environmental activism for me to support them in any way. Sorry.

chcr said:
Oh, and your second question; It is entirely possible to build such a car with current technology. All it takes is money and there is no evidence that it would be profitable. :shrug:
So if the automakers suddenly dropped their entire fleets and built the cars with this kind of technology, went bankrupt, and all had to get federal bailouts, would a lot of the same people who pissed and moaned to get the CAFE standards raised also bitch about corporate welfare?

Inkara1 said:
So if the automakers suddenly dropped their entire fleets and built the cars with this kind of technology, went bankrupt, and all had to get federal bailouts, would a lot of the same people who pissed and moaned to get the CAFE standards raised also bitch about corporate welfare?

Why sure they would, Ink. It's the American way. :lol:

Back