hey canada

so it's not a mandatory item on your BBQ grocery list? i shall have to provide some ice cold watermelon at the party!

tonksy said:
so it's not a mandatory item on your BBQ grocery list? i shall have to provide some ice cold watermelon at the party!
Oh no, its mandatory for BBQs alright,but personally I find them a bit messy.I like the ends cut into a bowl ,so as not to get juice everywhere.I did just have some the other day because it was put out for the staff and I ain't saying no to free coffeebreak food.In my younger days ,it wasn't uncommon to cut a hole into the rind and fill it with alcohol.

Luis G said:
do you have cantaloupe watermelon in the US/Canada?

cantaloupe without a ladder :lol2:

Seriously though ,we do get cantaloupe here ,in todays economy almost anything gets imported.

tonksy said:
yes, but do you get the good stuff? the south grows great melons.
We grow em great up here too :brow:

3279.jpg

Yup, we get watermelon up here. I am not sure if it is the good stuff though since I haven't had anything else.

Maybe I can try some southern melon out later this month when I go to Florida! ;)

tonksy, if you plant some today you may have some real good stuff for 'em & not a S. American import

Gonz said:
tonksy, if you plant some today you may have some real good stuff for 'em & not a S. American import
i just bought some today...from florida, i believe. no melon patch for me this year. i'll just have to settle for tomatoes, peppers, and strawberries.

With a full beard, watermelon doesn't show up on my list of foods. And then there's all that spitting ..... :gag:

Professur said:
With a full beard, watermelon doesn't show up on my list of foods. And then there's all that spitting ..... :gag:
you know what? they make seedless watermelons...and these things called knifes.

Tonks, people think I'm anal enough about table manners, without having pulled out a knife and fork to eat watermelon. (and I just saw seedless watermelon for the first time yesterday in a grocery circular)

AB, one day, all this will come back to haunt you.

HL, I am coming personally, to haunt you.

Back