Hey, chcr!

chcr

Too cute for words
Well, If I were a Red Sox fan I would be seriously worried about the wild card race since the Yanks are clearly going to blow right by to take the division.

HomeLAN

Gonna be a damned interesting two weeks, now isn't it? I love this kind of shit, as long as it isn't my team having to sweat bullets.

Our magic number is now 6, BTW. Not wonderful, but comfy enough.

chcr

Too cute for words
HomeLAN said:
Gonna be a damned interesting two weeks, now isn't it? I love this kind of shit, as long as it isn't my team having to sweat bullets.

Our magic number is now 6, BTW. Not wonderful, but comfy enough.
I love this kind of shit even when it is my team. You know they play four at Baltimore and the last three at Fenway, right? The Red Sox play a weekend series at the Orioles, then their home for the Blue Jays and the last three against New York. Could be tough, but the cream rises to the top. :D

Dave

should be an interesting end to the season with the Sox and Yanks closing it out with a 3 game series.

Inkara1

Allow me to grumble for a bit as the Rangers seem to have found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory again.

chcr

Too cute for words
Spot said:
should be an interesting end to the season with the Sox and Yanks closing it out with a 3 game series.
I'll try not to curse your very name too often next weekend. ;)

HomeLAN

With what, 13 to go, and three of those against the Sox? Like I said, it's gonna be a fun 2 weeks.

chcr

Too cute for words
HomeLAN said:
With what, 13 to go, and three of those against the Sox? Like I said, it's gonna be a fun 2 weeks.

A week ago the Yanks were three games back. :D

Stop Laughing

It's getting nerve racking around here for the south siders, the White Sox are trying their hardest to get a memorable season into Chicago baseball-patheticness lore, after having the best record in the AL nearly all season, they could still end up totally out of the playoffs. The only bad thing about rooting for that is that it means the Yanks would have to be in, so I, along with all Cub fans, are in a lose-lose situation on this. Go Indians, drive the whole AL nuts! :p

BTW, an Atlanta blog has a fun contest going for worst national broadcaster (non-ESPN, they got their own bad announcer contest 'cause they have so many :D) and the Sox' Ken 'Hawk' Harrelson is up there, just ahead of McCarver IMO. Here are some great comments on his announcing. The horrors are much worse than what's been posted since not many of them have been subjected to him more than twice a week like all of us here. :eek:

I'm a White Sox fan living in Chicago and this guy is the absolute worst broadcaster in the history of baseball. He's also a homer of epic proportion, who makes Ron Santo doing the Cubs games on radio seem objective in comparison. I absolutely loath all of his catchphrases, especially the ever so retarded 'he gone'. Just what I need, a 65 year old inbred hillbilly trying to sound 'urban'. Do everyone a favor, Hawk, and fly far, far away !

:lol2:

chcr

Too cute for words
Yankees: 90-64, eight games left, last three in Boston.
Red Sox: 90-64, eight games left, last three against the Yankees in Boston.
:lurk:
chcr said:
I love this kind of shit even when it is my team.
*sigh* It's my own fault.

BTW, there's a bigger homer than "The Scooter?" I am shocked. Don't get me wrong, I loved Rizzuto but it was always us and all those non-Yankee heathens with him. I'd vote McCarver every time though. What a self important dick.

Dave

Gonz said:
I only have one name for any of this...

Bill Buckner

:rofl3:
if they hadnt won last year, i'd give you negative karma every chance i got for that crack ;)

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I loathe Hawk. He sounds so middle school.

Whoever that dude is what does the Braves games is only slightly better. Almost as nasal as Fran Drescher.

Vin Scully will reign forever. Pure silk.

HomeLAN

You're probably talking about Skip Caray. He's actually the son of Harry Caray, the legendary Cubs announcer.

Unfortunately, they seem to be grooming his son, Chip as his successor. I actually like Skip, but Chip ain't no Skip.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Well ain't that a blip. So Chip's a chip off the old Skip, who can't hold a candle to the original Whip. We need to nip this with a quip before it sinks the ship.