hey cheeky, a real world post about a real pigeon

2minkey

bootlicker
i wasn't sure exactly of the most on-topic place to post this... so...

a real world problem. pigeon in my attic. not just the attic, but the partially finished store room right off my bedroom. not sure if it's actually quite there or in the nearby wall/insulation/blah blah.

i haven't actually seen it. just heard a bunch of rustling. and them some cooing. that made me happy. i've had to deal with squirrels and coons before, and sometimes they get real pissed.

so what is the usual pigeon protocol, here?

a. it'll likely find it's way out. don't worry about it for a while. if the noise continues, evict it.

b. it's not going anywhere on its own, and will shit everywhere. evict it ASAP.

c. send the cats in to deal with it (nah i'm joking, they're indoor cats anyway and they'd probably run away).

i am well versed in the throw the blanket over it eviction process. i think i'd simply rather avoid it, since it's kinda hard to get into that space up there, and there's a bunch of boxes and whatnot in the way.

I'll bet a glue trap would work, if you used the right bait. :brow:

3248_internet_picture_cutout.jpg

Post a pic of your sticky-footed feathered friend when you catch it.

we have problems with sparrows building under the eaves...if they can find anything at all to anchor to.

if you tear the next out a time or two, it might leave.

Ya know, you may think the cooing is kinda cozy, but that bird may invite some friends:

attack3.jpg

B!

we had a raccoon in our ceiling/attic but didn't do anything about it (despite my insistance) until we re-did a bath/shower and it peed on the worker-guy. so... it probably also peed all in the attic.

B!

we had a raccoon in our ceiling/attic but didn't do anything about it (despite my insistance) until we re-did a bath/shower and it peed on the worker-guy. so... it probably also peed all in the attic.

hmmm yeah i bet that's not the kind of golden shower kink he was looking for.

as of right now i can't find the damned thing. i hear it. little bastard stops making noise when it hears me, thus impeding the pinpointing manoovers. yeah, them glue traps might be where it's at.

get a rod or something, and use it like a stethoscope.
You should be able to narrow it down. ;)

No, LOL read about the scene tho.

Maybe just one of those live trap wire cages with some pige food would do the trick.

so what is the usual pigeon protocol, here?

a. it'll likely find it's way out. don't worry about it for a while. if the noise continues, evict it.

b. it's not going anywhere on its own, and will shit everywhere. evict it ASAP.

c. send the cats in to deal with it (nah i'm joking, they're indoor cats anyway and they'd probably run away).

D. Tivo a week of The View and put it on audio loop. That'd run anything off.

The kind and easy (albeit slightly time consuming) way is to figure out how it gets in and out, watch for a day to see it go out, make sure there is no 'spouse' in there, plug up the way back in (blanket, whatever), then take some time and repair the hole which should be repaired anyway (to stop all manner of nature and weather entering the attic).

I did that, and it worked (he was outside yelling for days).

Or,

Let them nest, they'll be gone in a couple months. Shit is already there in mass quantities, what's a little more? When they're gone, disinfect and fix the hole.

Back