Hey Homelan

Kruz

I got to put one of these through it's paces today (got a shipment of three today), DAMN!!!!!!!
I backed off at 148 MPH which it hit in a eyeblink (I-20--- no traffic) :D
The throttle responce is MUCH better than the 5.7H (which to me feels kinda muddy)
switch off the traction control and there is no hope of keeping the tires from roasting...

2005 Chrysler 300C SRT-8

425 horsepower. That tells you most of what you need to know about the Chrysler Street and Racing Technology gang's latest road-burner. The square-shouldered Chrysler 300 has been a marketplace hit so far, and we told you an SRT-ified version of the Hemi V-8-powered 300C wasn't far behind. It can't get here soon enough for us.

Staying true to the classic "no replacement for displacement" theorem, the Hemi gets a bore increase (from 3.92 inches to 4.06) taking it from 5.7 liters to 6.1, or 370 cubes in musclecar speak. Redline arrives at 6400 rpm, (as opposed to 5800 for the standard Hemi), with a torque peak of 420 pound-feet at 4800 rpm. So it's a revver, not just a grunter. The block, heads, intake, crank, exhaust system--even the oil pan--all get reworked. And in a nostalgic nod to the original 426 Street Hemi, the engine block will be painted orange and wear black-finished valve covers. A five-speed AutoStick remains the only transmission offering

i wanted one of those so bad until i rode in the lexus. now i just wish we had the sattelite radio.

Kruz said:
The throttle responce is MUCH better than the 5.7H (which to me feels kinda muddy)
After having driven HL's Hemi, if the throttle response in it is "muddy" then it's probably best I never get behind the wheel of an SRT-8 model. :eek:

Yeah, I know. I wanted to test drive one at my last oil change, but my sales guy told me they had one for exactly 1.5 hours before it walked out the door.

Expensive shit, though. Especially with the gas guzzler tax tossed in. Pricey to operate, too, without the MDS. Oh well, one o' these days I won't have to worry about such things. Not today, though!

I'm happy enough with what I've got.

80 extra horse on a shorter-geared rear end. This thing's gonna eat pretty much anybody alive 0-60.

Mine won't do that. Decent sports cars will beat me to 60. I'll simply wave hello again at 100-110.

Back