Hey Inky . . .

ResearchMonkey

Do you guys have a state fair going in up there soon?

I haven't been to it in 15 years, I think the kids will dig it? (they are not MTV kids, they're ol'timey folks).

Is Hanford a realistic place to stay for a week-end trip to the fair? (we love the Irwin Street Inn in Hanford)

Or do you know of a comprable place in the area? (cozey down-home feel B&B that accepts kids)

I don't know of a whole heck of a lot of B&Bs around here. But yeah, the California Mid-State Fair (actually the 16th District Agricultural Association fair, or the San Luis Obispo County fair, not actually the state fair) in Paso Robles has a lot of good agricultural displays, art, carnival rides, and so on like that. It also has a good concert series, and a rodeo towards the end of it. I miss the demoliton derbies they used to stage, though. :(

www.midstatefair.com

Hanford is realistic if you want to drive an hour and a half through some less-than-scenic territory to get to Paso Robles for the fair... although there is an In-N-Out Burger in Kettleman City if you wanted to munch on that on the way. But considering that I can guarantee that every motel room in Paso Robles is already booked for every night of the fair, Hanford might end up being your best bet.

There's a B&B in Templeton (next town south, before Atascadero) but I don't know much about it.

unclehobart said:
The only fair worth seeing in CA is the Gliroy Garlic Festival!
have you forgotten the spamfest...or was it the spam-athon? anyway...who wouldn't wanna try a nice piece of spudge?

Back