Hey Inky

A.B.Normal

Any experience with the Audiovox 8920T My contract is up and I need a new phone and want to stick with Telus.I don't really need the "phone" feature but its cheap enough even without a 3yr contract

I sold my dad an 8910 and it seems to be working well for him. The earpiece probably wouldn't be loud enough for someone who damaged his hearing at rock concerts in the 80s, but for most people it'll get the job done. Audiovox speakerphones aren't loud enough to be useful though.

The 8920 you're pointing out looks a lot more like the 8900 than the 8910. The manager I had at RadioShack... his wife has an 8900 and my understanding is it's been a good phone.

Audiovox's trouble model was the 8600. Every cell phone maker has one phone that's just trouble (Samsung A310, Motorola C343, Audiovox 8600, etc.) so you should be OK with that 8920.

Whatever you do, don't get a 3-year contract. Phones are so technologically advanded and have so many demands on the battery that you'll wish the end of the contract came sooner when it's time to plunk down more for a new battery than you paid for the phone.

Back