Hey Jim

catocom

will this change any policies, you think?

4 Illegal Immigrants Found in Wal-Mart Truck
Wal-Mart assisted the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents in identifying Hernandez's truck after federal authorities were tipped to his activities.
Investigators said they believe Hernandez had used his truck to smuggle illegal immigrants through the checkpoint at least a half-dozen times.

"At Wal-Mart we expect our associates to conduct themselves in a lawful and ethical manner," company spokesman Don Fogleman told The (McAllen) Monitor. "This situation is of deep concern." He said Hernandez had been suspended without pay.

Hernandez's attorney told The Monitor he had not yet had a chance to meet with his client.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,454535,00.html

will this change any policies, you think?

4 Illegal Immigrants Found in Wal-Mart Truck

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,454535,00.html

I saw this yesterday and was tempted to drop a few copies in the break room. :evilcool:

Of course, this was one guy acting autonomously and is no reflection on Wal-Mart's policies which stand unedited over this incident. It would be like saying that Wal-Mart should be blamed for an in-stock associate stealing from the back room.

I'm sure http://www.wakeupwalmart.com and http://www.walmartwatch.com are pleased that they have one more bad story to tell about Wal-Mart and how they import non-union labor for their stores. Wouldn't be any different than any of the other lies they have told about Wal-Mart.

Of course, this was one guy acting autonomously and is no reflection on Wal-Mart's policies which stand unedited over this incident. It would be like saying that Wal-Mart should be blamed for an in-stock associate stealing from the back room.

You mean don't make generalizations over one incident? Doesn't that go against everything you believe in?

I saw this yesterday and was tempted to drop a few copies in the break room. :evilcool:

I was not blaming walmart.
I was merely wondering if there would be new policy of some type to try
to block this kinda action somehow in the future.

Just like adding cameras to catch other thieves as in your analogy.

tracking on the trucks or something...

If i were you i would blame Wall-Mart, i hate that store sooo much.

I try not to harbor hate or resentment.
It doesn't benefit me.
I'm much happier if I let it go to a certain extent

EVerything I do, every decision I make, I ask myself quickly...what decision
will best benefit me or loved ones. Then is it worth risk, if that is part of it.

I didn't think you were blaming Wal-Mart at all. Wal-Mart uses contract carriers to haul their goods as well as their own tractors and drivers. I'm sure that there are already policies in place that cover your concerns. Just about every carrier has a GPS on their trucks now so they know exactly where their load is. Since Wal-Mart has always been a technology leader in the retail industry I would assume they have that covered.

cat, you've been hangin with politicians for too long.

If someone breaks the law, prosecute 'em. Don't write new law.

yeah, but every company should have their own safeguards.

I didn't say the gov should make their policies.
I was just wondering if They were going to make their own new policy.
That's good business practice.

Just about every carrier has a GPS on their trucks now so they know exactly where their load is. Since Wal-Mart has always been a technology leader in the retail industry I would assume they have that covered.

is that right? (rhetorical)
I also saw where they thought there had been other possible violations in the past.
Why did it take so long?

is that right? (rhetorical)
I also saw where they thought there had been other possible violations in the past.
Why did it take so long?

Because he didn't get caught the other times.

I have no idea as to what further safeguards Wal-Mart will put in place. I am not privy to those conversations and, if they are taking place, they are taking place 800 miles from my location.

Because he didn't get caught the other times.

I have no idea as to what further safeguards Wal-Mart will put in place. I am not privy to those conversations and, if they are taking place, they are taking place 800 miles from my location.

A mexi-detector?

Back