Hillary vs Fred

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
He's in.

Actor and former senator Fred D. Thompson confirmed yesterday that he is running for president, ending a political flirtation he has been conducting since March and thrusting himself into the thick of the battle for the Republican nomination.

In a conference call with elected officials and party leaders backing his bid, Thompson campaign manager Bill Lacy said Thompson has finished "testing the waters" and will file papers making his candidacy official next Thursday. Thompson will announce his decision on that day in a webcast, with the campaign encouraging supporters nationwide to attend house parties on that day as the former lawmaker from Tennessee begins a trek through the early-voting states of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Florida.

Washington Post

"It's time for people who believe that they have a stake in Western civilization and its traditions to get a little backbone - even if it offends someone." -Fred Thompson

Fred Thompson's favorite color....is the blood of liberals.

Thompson is a lying flip-flopping Hollywood idiot. He can't decide if he's pro-choice or not, a member of the Council on Foreign Relations (which supports a North American Union), and a former trial lawyer who argued against the government's authority to regulate drug paraphernalia or to search a boat packed with 14 tons of marijuana.

Pretty hard-core conservative. :laugh:

but that's all they have.

i'm sure he's a real liberal bashing macho mutherfucka.

and that makes him cool, right?

a real man's man. just like rock hudson.

That'll be like watchin Law and Order every time I flip on the news. America will eat it up. Oh dear god please help us!

I will assume the peanut gallery has a better candidate? Maybe propose a solution for a change instead of merely trying to be Flip Wilson?

Nah...never happen. Cuz if you propose something, you stick your neck out. Better to sit idly by and act like a moron and stay safe. Much better than trying to make things better. Unless, of course, your idea of better is what is put forth from the opposition...you know, weighty matters like transgendered restrooms and taxing the working class to death and such. Save a tree! Save the owls!

You know. The important stuff.

seems to me the GOP is a little more concerned about restrooms these days.

make things better?

:rofl:

Still undecided. He definately beats Rudy.

Sorry, the dems aren't going to run anyone electable and Fred was always going to be the republican candidate. He was just being coy for the media. Fred wins. Note that I won't vote for him but it won't matter.

I don't see an electable Dem either. Fred, I like what little I've heard but I haven't heard enough yet to get completely behind his campaign. I ain't votin for Rudy. I ain't wild about Newt. McCain can blow me.

I truly hope one party or the other puts up someone worth voting for, and it won't come down to the lesser of two evils again.

I truly hope one party or the other puts up someone worth voting for, and it won't come down to the lesser of two evils again.

I completely fail to see any help for you there. Fred's another pandering ass like the rest. Look at what he's said in the past vs. what he's saying now. He's a pretty good actor so he's probably better at sounding sincere though. That alone would get him elected in America now, wouldn't it?

I completely fail to see any help for you there. Fred's another pandering ass like the rest. Look at what he's said in the past vs. what he's saying now. He's a pretty good actor so he's probably better at sounding sincere though. That alone would get him elected in America now, wouldn't it?

Worked for Reagan and he wasn't as good of an actor....His base is easily sold.

Can't disagree with you. Damn shame no one worthy of the job has a shot at getting it.

Can't disagree with you. Damn shame no one worthy of the job has a shot at getting it.

Election reform 101: Take any 15 folks at random who are actually qualified for the job (this lets out virtually everyone who has run for it in my lifetime). Via a battery of tests, determine the person who least wants the job and put them in it. Take every penny they have and invest it in the federal budget.

Voila.

Edit: Even Gato should be happy. It's a draft. ;)

I'm still wondering if there will be another election, and if so, really how Real will it be.:shrug:

It seems the history is, it gets more corrupt each time.

I wonder all the time if my vote Really counts.
I'll definitely keep plugging along though.

I'm still wondering if there will be another election, and if so, really how Real will it be.:shrug:

It seems the history is, it gets more corrupt each time.

I wonder all the time if my vote Really counts.
I'll definitely keep plugging along though.

That's the one I have trouble with. Looks to me like the dems and reps have been setting up Fred to be the next pres for at least six years.

I'll prolly vote libertarian. Again.

Back