Holiday gift ideas for tea-drinkers

greenfreak

My co-worker told me about Adagio teas the other day and I took a look for some gift ideas.

Rusty likes drinking loose tea but only has this little round strainer type thing that he dips in a cup. But Adagio has a few different teapots with strainers built in and they have a pretty good selection of different teas also.

I ordered the Rooibos sampler, the Black tea sampler, and the 10 oz. tea for one cup & infuser. For orders over $19.00, they throw in a cute little book about tea around the world. And gift-wrapping is free.

Shipping was $3.75 for ground and I just got the package, less than 24 hours later. The tea smells GREAT. Now I'm wondering if I should buy one for myself!

It's rare that I have a better-than-expected experience so I figured I would share.

i enjoy tea
jay's trying to pull some strings to get me a tea set from china for nondenominationalwinterholidaytime, i would love to learn how to perform proper tea services and such. high tea and all that.

ash, there's a japanese garden near me and they perform and teach "tea ceremony". I never got around to going but I've read a little about all the minute movements and things you have to master in order to do it correctly. Crazy.

Have you heard of a book called Memoirs of a Geisha? It's pretty good, and they're making it into a movie. They don't really go into tea ceremony or ikebana all that much in the book but if you like to read about Geisha tradition, I recommend it.

Back