Holiday plans?

greenfreak

So.... what's everyone doing? Where are you going? What traditions does your family observe?

I'm actually looking forward to it this year. My parents, my siblings and all the kids are going to my sister Rose's house. Since many of us are going seperate ways on Christmas day, we're exchanging gifts on Christmas Eve. Rusty and I are going out at 3pm to hang out, relax, watch football, help set up.

We usually have it at my other sister's house but she's one of those uptight people. You get frustrated just standing around her. :D So I'm very happy about the change this year!

going to NC close to where i went over summer. itll be me my parents my sis and brother in law and my sis in laws

Sat the 21st-my wifes family (11 total siblings, 26 at my last count grandkids, 9 great grandkids, spouses, step-kids) family gathering. Twice a year shindig, one summer one Xmas.

Tues the 24th-dinner at the in-laws(Italian) with the "local crowd" & let the kids open the extended family presents.

X-mas morning-watch my kid open his gifts...afternoon-get back to normal.

greenfreak said:
So.... what's everyone doing? Where are you going? What traditions does your family observe?
I'm going to do nothing and stay at home, following my family tradition of giving a damn about Christmas. I'll probably travel to the beach and spent year passage alone, sitting at the sand on the sea coast as I did the last years...

This coming weekend will be at my Mothers in Kansas City, then back home Sunday until Christmas Morning at home with the kids, then to the Mother-In-Laws on Christmas afternoon.

We are going to spent the 24th night in my aunts house, a nice meal after 12am, drink some nice wines, and generally spent time with the family.

going down to moms side of the world tomorrow through xmas day. Theres 5 households of cousins, aunties, uncles, grands, and mom to visit.

dinner on the 24th at the folks house with mom,dad,sis,nephews and brother-in-law. from there i go to an x-mas eve party at diana's sister's place. on the 25th i'll be going to work hungover and bloated. :sick3:
diana and i couldn't get our x-mas schedule to match up so we'll fit our x-mas in somewhere that week.

Christmas Eve with Jan's family. Christmas morning here with the kids. Christmas afternoon at my Mom and Dad's with all my sisters and their children (read: madhouse). We've been invited to a friend's house for Christmas evening, but it will depend on how cranky the kids are by that time whether we go or not.

just hope x-mas at your moms is better than your dads unc. merry chrsitmas and hope i didnt bring up bad memories if i did my apologies. happy holidays all!

This year I'm throwing a surprise birthday party for Jesus. We're all going to hide in the dark till he arrives and jump out and scream SURPRISE!!! I can't wait to see the look on his face.....

Christmas eve with her Mom, Christmas day with mine. That means about 250 miles of driving all together. Not too bad.

Back