Holy Mary, mother of Christ

IDLEchild

Even Jesus wasn't this good

This guy's technique isn't sick or ridiculious...it is downright disgusting. I guess I don't have to try so hard now because i'll never be that good...which begs me to be an ass and ask this question to CHCR

Can you play this fast?

Ask a guy that plays classic guitar to kick his ass, unless of course, he plays classic guitar as well. ;)

I used to consider somethings as fast, but as soon as i saw a guy that played classic guitar doing some really FAST things, i'm not easy amazed.

btw, at times he seems to be making sound the cords with his left hand only (which is kinda cheating).

Luis G said:
Ask a guy that plays classic guitar to kick his ass, unless of course, he plays classic guitar as well. ;)

Have you seen him...he could probably play stretched rubber bands on a mop stick attached to a kleenex box and make it sound good.

IC, if you want to be impressed, check out the guitar duel on Crossroads (no, not the Brittney Spears debacle) it's Steve Vai vs Ralph Machio (supplied by Ry Cooder).

Fun film too.

If you're into hammer on technique, listen to Stanley Jordan...He could run circles around any conventional guitar player too.

Gonz said:
IC, if you want to be impressed, check out the guitar duel on Crossroads (no, not the Brittney Spears debacle) it's Steve Vai vs Ralph Machio (supplied by Ry Cooder).

Fun film too.

Linky dink please. Thank you

He could run circles around any conventional guitar player too.

Yeah, guitar players today mostly (mainstream bands anyway) display no creativity in their playing. Emo punk is riding its high wave right now so that maybe the problem.

Mirlyn said:
:hairbang:

Not bad, but give me Hendrix or Vaughan any day.

Yeah Hendrix just knew how to make the guitar sing. The amazing thing about him is that he didn't play amazingly fast or quite hard and aggressive, yet his music had loads of emotions in it. In three notes he could put out so much feeling where Yngwie Melmsteem can play 100000000000 notes a second for the same effect.

The intro to Foxy Lady and Purple Haze come to mind...easy to play but no guitarist ever sounded like him thereafter. Tom Morello is like him in the same regards....doesn't play horribly fast even though can...its just the way he composes his riffs and licks. Head banging even though they are fairly slow.

Dude, I saw the clip of the duel. Sweet mother of god.

Someone please tell me that, that plataeu of playing is only a matter of time and rigrious practice.

Ok this is totally awesome. I got negative karma with this comment concerning this thread.

Better than yours. Your guitar playing made me want to die.

How cool is that. Whoever sent this (and I have my suspects)...thank you, you whiny sad fuck. :D :lol2:

(Except in political threads) if you can't say someting nice don't say anything at all. :D

Gonz said:
(Except in political threads) if you can't say someting nice don't say anything at all. :D

Yeah, still though. I made soemone want to die. Let me have my self given kudos. :crying4:

Back