Holy #%^

HomeLAN

We're halfway through, and my Braves are tied for first. That's a whole lot better than I expected.

So, how's your team doing?

HomeLAN said:
We're halfway through, and my Braves are tied for first. That's a whole lot better than I expected.

So, how's your team doing?

I believe you already know the answer to that one for me. :D

Well, let's put it this way. They're having $5 ticket, and $1 hotdogs this week, to try and take the shine off the paint on the seats.

Professur said:
Wouldn't it be a hoot if Mtl swept them? They'd never live that down.
Stranger things have happened.

Can't remember any right off hand, but they must have.

Cubs are hurting. Big time. Prior went down again last night after 1 2/3 innings, and now I'm hearing talk of Tommy John surgery, that's definitely not what we want to hear right now.

Guys who have spent time on the DL this year (starters bolded)

Prior
Remlinger
Macias
Dempster
Grudzielanek
Sosa
Wood
Hollandsworth (sounds like he could be gone for the year)
Gonzalez
Borowski
Wellemeyer

Yikes, that's long...

Don't lose heart. The Braves had an injury season like that a couple years ago and still made the playoffs.

After so many years of backing a basement Bravos team, I have a soft spot for Cubbie fans.

Just imagine if we didn't have Glendon Rusch... Cardinals are leading a charmed life too, playing us and the Reds while we're both hurt, plus they got the Royals in their regional interleague series while we got the White Sox.

My alliance is split between my sentimental home team favorites, the Braves, and the local team, the Florida Marlins. :shrug:

Sharky said:
My alliance is split between my sentimental home team favorites, the Braves, and the local team, the Florida Marlins. :shrug:

I grew up watching my mother agonize over a similar situation. Raised an Indians fan, Braves fan by choice (I know, born under a bad sign). I took her to one of the series games in 1995. She didn't know whether to shit or go blind. :D

HomeLAN said:
I grew up watching my mother agonize over a similar situation. Raised an Indians fan, Braves fan by choice (I know, born under a bad sign). I took her to one of the series games in 1995. She didn't know whether to shit or go blind. :D

Hehe . . . I know what you mean . . . when Atlanta plays Florida, I refuse to watch. :D

16 July 2004, final score:

Montreal 5

Atlanta 1

:eek:

What's the phone number for the Braves clubhouse . . .

I'm a Texas Rangers fan. This is a good year to be one. First place.

Interestingly enough, a lot of analysts think Oakland will pull away and win the division because of their starting pitching. There's only one problem with that: their bullpen stinks. Texas has a "servicible" rotation (translation: average, but not as stinky as years past) and a pretty good bullpen... and more offense than the A's. What this means is that Oakland will likely continue to build leads and then blow them in the late innings, meaning a 3-0 lead in the 7th inning will mean a 4-3 loss (the Octavio Dotel trade hasn't helped), while Texas will continue to keep the damage limited to 5 or 6 runs, and if they have a lead of, say, 8-6 in the 7th inning, it will generally hold up. I think Texas will hold on for the division title unless the wheels totally fall off.

I'm not too worried about the Angels as long as Bartolo Colon's ERA is almost as high as his weight. Vladimir Guerrero can only carry a team so far by himself.

At least it looks exciting, 4 races are likely to go down to the wire, and if we make a strong comeback and the Red Sox make a strong run at the Yankees, all 6 divisions will be tight, and thus the wild card races will be too.

Sharky said:
16 July 2004, final score:

Montreal 5

Atlanta 1

:eek:

What's the phone number for the Braves clubhouse . . .

Yeah, they had a bases loaded situation twice, in the 5th and 6th, and got zero runs across. If you can't execute better than that, you don't win games...

still hoping the BoSox are back on track and got that nasty slump business out of the way.
...only 7 games out...

Erm... The biggest lead the Yanks have ever lost after the All-Star break is 5 1/2.

Oh, umm, nanner, nanner, nanner. :p

Back