Hookers Worldwide

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
just came across this...someone might wanna as I did for the helluvit...they surely deserve it :headbang:

To: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nomination Selection Comittee

Petition to encourage admission to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for Dr Hook and the Medicine Show.

To whom it may concern, we the undersigned, being music fans of sound mind and ear, do request that the nominating committee see fit to elevate Dr Hook and The Medicine Show to their rightful place in the hall of Fame.

It is our sincere wish that you will offer the band an opportunity to be recognized for the wonderful contributions that they have bestowed upon the music loving public. Millions of fans worldwide can't be wrong!

Though possibly better known for their later softer offerings, the bands roots are in 50's and 60's pure Rock and Roll, and their earliest success was gained as, and they always remained a rock band!

From their first hit Sylvia's Mother in 1972, through their disbanding in 1985, they hit the top of the charts hundreds of times worldwide. Their 2nd release "Cover Of The Rolling Stone" did in fact get the band on the cover of the well respected bible of rock music. They had nearly a dozen major write up in RS over the years. Through over a decade and a half, they chalked up top ten hits in dozens of countries and had gold or platinum record numbering 60 to 80 by differing accounts. The recent re-release in New Zealand of a greatest hits CD, hit NUMBER ONE, almost 2 decades after the band's demise!

Most articles of the times, made a big deal out of the fact that the band was hard to classify. This is a double edged sword, which leads to the fact that they seem to be overlooked by many folks. The guys don't fit neatly into a box, having had hits which were rock and roll, rock ballads, rock parodies, country rock, love songs, disco hits and more. Knowing that even The Stones and Rod Stewart leaned towards disco when it was the rage, we feel Dr Hook should not be penalized for having had a few "disco" hits. Rather this band which posted top 10 rock radio hits for well over a decade, should be recognized for that rare achievement!

It is our sincere opinion that Dr Hook and the Medicine Show deserve to hold a place in the Hall.

Thank you for your consideration!

HOOKers worldwide

Sincerely,
linkie

I WANNA PLAY WITH MY DINGALINGALING!!!

"And the operator says forty cents more for the next...three...minutes..."

"I got stoned and I missed it..."

:D

Almost forgot: "Long ones, short ones, yellow ones, red ones.
Necrophiliacs lookin' for dead ones..."

:lol:

Petition signed.

She was only sixteen, only sixteen, but I loved her soo....

Back