How in the heck

HomeLAN

did this sneak past me? McCartney has a new album out tomorrow called "Chaos and Creation in the Backyard". I just heard a clip called "Jenney Wren" on the satrad, acoustic deal sort of patterned on "Mother Nature's Son" and "Blackbird". Sounded decent.

Here's hoping he did a better job than he did on "Flaming Pie" a couple years back.

McCartney's New Album Deemed Best in Years

NEW YORK - It sounds cruel, but let's face it: Except for the occasional highlight like "Vanilla Sky" or "My Brave Face," for the past 20 years, Paul McCartney's catalogue has been pretty barren. So the former Beatle wanted to make his new solo album, "Chaos and Creation in the Backyard," stand out.
"I decided to lay it on the line for myself and challenge myself and say, 'You're going to make a good album here.' It was a good motivator," he told The Associated Press.
Time magazine breathlessly declared "Chaos" to be McCartney's first album that matters since the Beatles broke up 35 years ago. But it's simply unlike anything he's done before, a quiet disc with complicated emotional shadings — the album that generations of critics who derided his sunny, silly love songs have been asking him to make.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050912/ap_en_mu/music_paul_mccartney

I was never the biggest Beatles fan. I certainly recognize the countless contributions they made to the genre as a whole, and their place in music histrory is cemented and well deserved. They just never rang my bell on that level where bell ringing is so vital. For the era, I far prefer The Kinks and/or Sam Cooke.

I actually prefer their solo efforts over the Beatles stuff.

Back