how lazy can I be?

nalani

So, I have this shirt that I pulled out of the clean pile .. of course, it wasn't folded and had been out of the dryer for days and days .. anyway, instead of ironing this shirt, which I could have easily done since everything was out - the board .. the iron .. the starch ... but then I looked over and I saw the bottle of Downy no iron bottle and proceeded to spray the shirt ... pulling and tugging .. flattening .. pulling and spraying more and more ...

I expended more energy on the no ironing than I would have had I just ironed the damned thing in the first place *L*

I was wondering about that stuff. I guess for me it would just be easier to throw it in the dryer for 10 minutes. :cool:

:rofl2: I'm a little worse, I think, if it's wrinkled I either

a)run it through the dryer with a damp towel
b)rewash it

Originally posted by L. Summerton
:rofl2: I'm a little worse, I think, if it's wrinkled I either

a)run it through the dryer with a damp towel
b)rewash it

ditto! sometimes I try hanging a shirt or something in the bathroom, and take a long, steamy shower. Never seems to work that well though. :(

:headbang:

I do the old dryer trick too. Sometimes I leave a load of clothes in there all week and just turn on the dryer before I get in the shower.

when he was youger my dad always used to swear that body heat would do the ironing for you :D

If one of my shirts is wrinkled, I just hang it up in the closet and let it set for a few months before wearing it. :D

Actually that downy stuff can work pretty good but there is a trick to it. First of all you should spray approximately 18" from the clothing. Make sure you don't use too much of the spray (when it gets wet it doesn't work, you just want a fine mist on it) Typically a shirt should take 2 squirts on the front and 2 on the back. Squirt once on left side second time on right side. It actually works better if you have shirt on hanger. Once sprayed take your hand and rub it rapidly down the length of the shirt. Should take just a few seconds to make your clothing wrinkle free. I use the stuff all the time. Seems the wife doesn't have too good of luck with it. I guess it's somewhat of a science ;)

I've never had much luck with the damp towel or rag in the dryer with the wrinkled clothes trick.

I have found that by manually setting my washer to a low speed spin dry cycle, the clothes are less wrinkled when coming out of the dryer. I think it's because they don't come out of the washer in a hard packed tangled mat.

Oh well, someday I hope to find a good woman... :confuse3:

Originally posted by Professur
I'm married. It's not my problem anymore.

:p You men! My boyfriend will purposely put on a wrinkled shirt before a party and swear that's its fine. That'll guarantee that I'll iron his shirt. :p

i do my own, if i suggested that the wife should do it for me she'd slap 8 shades out of me. if she complained about creases then i'd do it myself, but then i am a vain bugger :)

I, or, most of the time, my fiancee, iron our clothes right out of the dryer. No need for all the extra stuff.

Old US saying...

"There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over..." :D ;)

Back