how long d'ya think he's gonna survive in Sheffield?!

owen_morrison270.jpg

Whoa... acne scars.

Well, in Sheffield, there are two football teams: Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United.

Unfortuntately, they both play in the same division in the English league. When the two meet, it's not pretty: rival gangs fight, the police get involved BIG TIME. glasses get thrown. people are injured. arrests are made. it's an unfortunate fact of life for people living here.

This guy switching across the city will mean him getting abuse hurled at him if he's seen out in the city by a supporter of either team; at times, even death threats have been issued against players.

He'll not find it easy, I can tell you that... :(

Jon

OK my British breathern, learn to love and watch hockey. The action is IN the ring, not on the sidelines among the fans ;).

and it is soccer, not football :p

Professur said:
Try Glasgow. We've got two teams too, and they're divided by religion too.

I had a Weegie (Glaswegian) teacher once who related a story of seeing some Rangers football fans throw a young lad through a window just because he was wearing a Celtic (rival club and different religious background) shirt. I heard and had some experience of what its like around Rangers and Celtic fans. I mean some get on without a care but others the violence between them is a way of life. Needless to say when any hear I am from Aberdeen they usually just pity me since my home team is quite pitiful.

Arris said:
I had a Weegie (Glaswegian) teacher once who related a story of seeing some Rangers football fans throw a young lad through a window just because he was wearing a Celtic (rival club and different religious background) shirt. I heard and had some experience of what its like around Rangers and Celtic fans. I mean some get on without a care but others the violence between them is a way of life. Needless to say when any hear I am from Aberdeen they usually just pity me since my home team is quite pitiful.

Arris, get your ass back here.

Back