How smart is Your Right Foot?

Professur

How smart is Your Right Foot?

Just try this. It is from an orthopedic surgeon............ This will
Boggle your mind and you will keep trying over and over again to see if
you can outsmart your foot, but, you can't. It's preprogrammed in your
brain!

1. WITHOUT anyone watching you (they will think you are GOOFY......)
and while sitting where you are at your desk in front of your computer,
lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.

2. Now, while doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your
right hand.

Your foot will change direction. I told you so!!! And there's nothing
you can do about it!

You and I both know how stupid it is, but before the day is done you
are going to try it again, if you've not already done so.

Send it to your buddies to frustrate them too. (I just did).

Source

jeezus... Its correct. I can't make my right foot independent of my hand commands. It must run down the same nerve channel and get crossed up.

I can do it without a problem.

If you do the 6 from the top then you won't succeed, try doing it from the inside in clockwise direction ;)

I just did it seven or eight times, no problem, then started overthinking it and had a harder time. I started my six at the top every time.

He meant drummers that use a drum set in particular, methinks... I'm not sure if you use one or not for the drumming you do, but I wanted to clarify that difference for the masses.

He meant drummers that use a drum set in particular, methinks... I'm not sure if you use one or not for the drumming you do, but I wanted to clarify that difference for the masses.

ummm... what kind of drumming were you thinking of was the 'drumming i do'? I am a drummer or a drum kit (or set, depending on what you call it).

I was thinking more along the lines of tribal drumming. I wasn't sure if you were doing that or if you do your drumming at a set.

AnimalDrums.jpg

I was thinking more along the lines of tribal drumming. I wasn't sure if you were doing that or if you do your drumming at a set.

You mean something like this? I don't know what it's called, I googled "hula drumming"

hula_bowl_7_b.jpg

Where there doesn't appear to be any drumming done with the foot...unlike a drum set where the bass drum is played with ones foot and ones hands and feet must be independant of each other.

You mean something like this? I don't know what it's called, I googled "hula drumming"

hula_bowl_7_b.jpg

Where there doesn't appear to be any drumming done with the foot...unlike a drum set where the bass drum is played with ones foot and ones hands and feet must be independant of each other.

hehehe .. those are taiko drums - Japanese .. but it's done here by several Japanese clubs and groups ... that one was at the hula bowl.

the kind of drums Hawaiian have are called pahu - i don't have a pic of it but it's only hit with the hand and is usually accompanied by a puniu, a smaller drum made from a coconut shell.

But I actually drum, though not actively for a while - Alex Van Halen and Neal Peart are my idols :headbang:

Back