How to get someone way out of your league?

IDLEchild

How? Any ideas?

I don't prescribe to the fact that someone is too good for someone else (provided one them isn't a raging douchebag), or in a number scale, but even I have to admit...this chick is way out of my league...so what can I do?

Now a beautiful girl, to me, is only as intimidating as long as I don't talk to her so i've decided to talk to her, but every attempt at conversation goes south. She isn't as intimidating as much as she is a mystery, I have no angle at which to approach her.

She is incredibly, smoking hot so I must give it my best. The problem is that she probably gets hit on by hotter, richer, exeprienced, wordly, and intelligent guys so I gotta stand out. What would you recommend? I need one shot with this girl in order to wow her and with a girl like this only one shot is im gonna get.

The problem is that she probably gets hit on by hotter, richer, exeprienced, wordly, and intelligent guys

I used to think the same way back in HS..and then found out during our 10 year reunion that they never got dates because every guy thought the same thing as me. :shrug:

The "Don't date me because I'm beautiful" syndrome is what I call it.

First things first... you may think that she's out of your league, but she may not think the same way. You're intelligent, artistic and articulate...and you've got a pretty damn good sense of humour. That goes a long way.

The easiest way to get into a self-sustaining conversation with anyone is to talk about their favorite subject...themselves.

Ask a relevant open-ended question about her, listen to the answer and ask another related question...rince, repeat. Ask her opinion about something you've drawn...even if you know the answer.

"Can I ask your opinion?" <sure> "I'm having a hard time deciding if this is the best colour to use for shading in the face of this piece"

Ooh..lookit! You're talking to her AND think enough of her to ask her opinion on something you've created. (Ego boost). Follow it up with a question about the type of art that she likes. Why does she like it? Where'd she learn about her art likes/dislikes? Does she paint/sculpt/write poetry? If so, has she taken any courses...where..did she like it? etc etc..

Talking about yourself when nobody's asking is an ego-masturbation and awkward...don't do it. Asking someone to talk about themselves is an ego boost for them, without the awkwardness...and will get you huge benefits. :D

Good luck!
:beardbng:

The problem is that she probably gets hit on by hotter, richer, exeprienced, wordly, and intelligent guys

I used to think the same way back in HS..and then found out during our 10 year reunion that they never got dates because every guy thought the same thing as me. :shrug:

The "Don't date me because I'm beautiful" syndrome is what I call it.

Yeah, few hottie friends admit the same problem to me. No guys approach them.

First things first... you may think that she's out of your league, but she may not think the same way. You're intelligent, artistic and articulate...and you've got a pretty damn good sense of humour. That goes a long way.

Thanks, but that usually doesn't wor kfor guys my age. At 22 it's still all about vanity.

The easiest way to get into a self-sustaining conversation with anyone is to talk about their favorite subject...themselves.

Yup, that what I did. I get no reaction.

Ask a relevant open-ended question about her, listen to the answer and ask another related question...rince, repeat.

Yup, I could tell the conversation was getting more and more forced. Weird thing is she doesn't respond to usual "what's your favorite" questions but rather weird, random statements. She'll come off indifferent one minute and extremely flirtatious the next minute. I've decided to stop thinking and just say stuff and see which one lands and draw a pattern from that.

Why does she like it? Where'd she learn about her art likes/dislikes? Does she paint/sculpt/write poetry? If so, has she taken any courses...where..did she like it? etc etc..

Yup, tried it and nothing.

I think this just may a failed battle. I know looks aren't everything but a certain physical appeal must be present...no? I'll keep at it but this chick is confusing man.

Ooh...a toughie. :)

I love a good challenge...that's how I met MrsBish.

Not a conversationalist, eh... how about "Want to try something crazy?" and suggest skydiving. Hell...offer to paint her nude. If something like that doesn't at least shake her into the moment, nothing will.

She may be overcome by soomething going on at home, an illness, death, money issues, divorce etc.. and is in desperate need of distraction.

As for physical appeal...if she's flirtatious with you sometime, you're hardly a zero in her books.

Discover her interests and hobbies. Find one you share or at least one you can stomach. Aim there. Maybe sky diving is a little extreme, but maybe she hikes, or collects tea cups (ick) or has an infatuation with polar bears. Whatever. My wife and I shared a few interests, and have since developed several new ones together as well as becoming interested to different degrees in each other's hobbies. I still can't get her to go fishing with me, but she loves her a bluegrass festival now.

If she is such a dried up prune to talk to then why are you interested? Looks can only carry so far...or is that as far as you want to go?

How about the tried and true "Be Yourself". No hidden agendas, and no cheap lines. Just walk up and introduce yourself. Leave it up to her to decide if she wants to be shallow...:rolleyes: Kids today...

How about the tried and true "Be Yourself". No hidden agendas, and no cheap lines. Just walk up and introduce yourself. Leave it up to her to decide if she wants to be shallow...:rolleyes: Kids today...

Done rolling your eyes? Good.

Now read

I don't ever pretend to be anything else, no point in wasting time. Now either you just skipped the entire thread to use that smilie you love using oh-so-much or maybe I didn't exactly phrase it for your complete literal interpretation, but I am not going for any angles. Just some hook to keep talking to her. I am not and haven't tried cheap lines nor am I working with hidden agendas. I just need some x-factor to get her attention. I mentioned already that simple introduction and intiating conversations about usual, menial, stuff didn't pan out.

If I DO decide to use cheap lines, hidden agendas, or other gimmicks you don't approve of i'll let you know so use can go on the town with your smilies but for now that hasn't been the case.

If she is such a dried up prune to talk to then why are you interested? Looks can only carry so far...or is that as far as you want to go?

The sad reality of trying for the one you know you can't have. It's a sad condition I can't fix.

people do have a tendency to crave what they cant have.

maybe she's acting like that to see just how interested you are or it may just take her awhile to get comfortable with new people.

maybe she's acting like that to see just how interested you are or it may just take her awhile to get comfortable with new people.

Dave might be on to something here . . . maybe she weeds out the scrubs by pretending to be disinterested, waiting to see if you have what it takes? You could ask around, talk to her friends, find out what melts her jelly.

Bob, I'm sorry about my flippant drive-by one-liner earlier - I can see that you are serious and are looking for real advice, and I sincerely hope that you can sort through all this and find the spark you need to light her fire.

Back