How to make your cause look incredibly stupid...

yep nothing like a peabrain who just can't tolerate - oh my gosh! - someone speaking another language. how challenging!

I don't give a shit what they speak amongst themselves. Those two were speaking amongst themselves. But government forms and other such business should be in the language of the land.

And Korean in Washington (Sea-Tac area, anyway)...:p

you been gone a while.

i think at this point it's more somali. (hey's that's a semitic language!) east africans seem to have taken over a bunch of the lower level service jobs 'round der airport... lots of them fuckers in atlanta and minneapolis airports too.

last time i voted the flip side of my ballot was printed in mandarin.

you been gone a while.

i think at this point it's more somali. (hey's that's a semitic language!) east africans seem to have taken over a bunch of the lower level service jobs 'round der airport... lots of them fuckers in atlanta and minneapolis airports too.

:shrug: Do they, at least, try to speak English?

2minkey said:
last time i voted the flip side of my ballot was printed in mandarin.

That's wrong on so many levels.

1. In order to become a US citizen, you have to live in the US for about 5 years. You mean to tell me that, in five years, they don't know enough of the language to use a simple ballot?
2. While the cost of printing one ballot is only pennies, how many ballots did the state print in multiple languages in order to cover languages for folks who do not speak English? I'm betting that it cost at least $100,000 extra for all contingencies...including Spanish and Somali. ;)

:shrug: Do they, at least, try to speak English?

yeah actually they do.

That's wrong on so many levels.

1. In order to become a US citizen, you have to live in the US for about 5 years. You mean to tell me that, in five years, they don't know enough of the language to use a simple ballot?
2. While the cost of printing one ballot is only pennies, how many ballots did the state print in multiple languages in order to cover languages for folks who do not speak English? I'm betting that it cost at least $100,000 extra for all contingencies...including Spanish and Somali. ;)

of course the offset is a functioning economy.

Back