How to ruin a bear skin rug

rrfield

Naked Britney sculpture going on view
Work shows Spears kneeling on rug, giving birth

Wednesday, March 29, 2006; Posted: 8:26 a.m. EST (13:26 GMT)

NEW YORK (AP) -- A life-size sculpture of a naked Britney Spears kneeling on a bearskin rug as she gives birth will be on display next month at Brooklyn's Capla Kesting Fine Art gallery.

The sculpture is to appear next to a display case filled with anti-abortion materials. It was created by Daniel Edwards, who said he never spoke to the 24-year-old pop star or met her, and fashioned her face and figure from photographs.

"I admire her. This is an idealized figure," Edwards said Tuesday in a phone interview from his home, which is near his studio in Moosup, Connecticut.

"Everyone is coming at me with anger and venom, but I depicted her as she has depicted herself -- seductively. Suddenly, she's a mom."

Click for source - unless you are Gonz

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
A life-size sculpture of a naked Britney Spears kneeling on a bearskin rug as she gives birth will be on display next month at Brooklyn's Capla Kesting Fine Art gallery.
WHY?!?!?! :banghead:

unclehobart

Leslie said:
WHY?!?!?! :banghead:
Because fine art is a hard definition to pin down. I think the real fine art project here is a collection of secret photos of patrons with 'what in the holy hell?' expressions on their face when they look at such exhibits. That exhibit will be forthcoming.

Fine art runs the gamut of the full public mood almost in an intentional polar opposite to the current culture. This world currently being fairly conservatively governed provokes freaky counter-culture nonsensical hoo-ha. Liberal government trends tend to lead to subdtantive, simple, clean, patriotic art. I'm sure there have been sociology papers on it.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I tend to put stuff like... oh, I dunno, fine art in the category of fine art. Other "art" like pregnant skanks beside anti-abortion exhibits is more...contemporary art or some such silly term. But that's just me.