I´m goin to Hawaii

markjs

Banned
I'm goin to Hawaii

Aren't you just jealous? LOL I am going for a less than joyous reason. It is to scatter my Father's ashes. It bodes to be a mixed trip, but I hope to enjoy it.....Just thought I'd brag to all you who aren't going :D

have a safe trip, and a good time while you are there. I can see why it would be a mixed trip. But your father would prolly want you to have some fun while your there.

I'm sorry about your father ... I miss my own as well ...

Will you be visiting any other islands? When is the trip? You know that it's not really being in Hawai'i unless you come to our island ;)

Just Oahu.....can't afford more really, and its up to my mom mostly. It will be Aug 17th to the 24th

I should just be coming back from Texas around the 18th ..

did you father live on O'ahu? What's the connection? Forgive my prying ..

so what's your island na? (i see four islands in the "night" map)

ku'u and I live on Hawai'i island ... it's the eastern-most island in the archepelago ... there are eight main islands, you only see four because some of them are grouped closely together ..

:eek: i thought Hawai'i was a group of islands, not an island itself.

hawaii.gif

Yes my father lived in Honolulu. He had been stationed there at Pearl Harbor in the Navy. He was also blinded on Pearl Harbor Day (the anniversary not the attack) while in dry dock with his ship, but in spite of that he loved Honolulu. He only lived here in Washington because my mom had custody of me and she lived here, and he demanded visitation. He was the best father he could be.

Back