I are a idjit

chcr

Too cute for words
I mistyped an identity password in OE6, and now I can't get in, can't delete it. etc.

Does anyone know how to find the password without actually buying software or anything? :tardbang:

try a site dedicated to exploit vulnerabilities in software, brute force or dictionary based password cracking tools.

Kawaii said:
format c: /s <enter> y <enter>
I aren't that much of a idjit. :p

Luis, I've tried a few. If it were OE5 I don't think it would be a problem, but no one has a hack for 6. Lots of demo software, but none of it returns the identity password without being paid for.

I'm afraid you are correct, i searched for an utility and the one I found was not free :shrug:

Nixy said:
May I ask what OE6 is? And what c: /s <enter> y <enter> does?

The "c: /s ... " part isn't as important as the part you left out == FORMAT. This formats the c drive, saving the system files, I believe. I may have forgotten what the "/s" is, but I believe it saves system files.

*backs slowly out of thread*

oooooh I didn't see the format part...if I had I could have prolly put 2 and 2 together...and atleast got 5...

Rose said:
The "c: /s ... " part isn't as important as the part you left out == FORMAT. This formats the c drive, saving the system files, I believe. I may have forgotten what the "/s" is, but I believe it saves system files.

*backs slowly out of thread*
The /s part is just being nice. It installs the basic system files so the disk is at least bootable (into DOS).

OE6 = devil child = Outlook Express 6

PostCode said:
http://www.snadboy.com/

Try Revelation. Haven't tried it on OE6, but it did work on earlier versions.

Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow, if I have time. The theory around where I work is "Give all the extra work to the guy that's already busy, he gets things done." They really act surprised when I don't. I really, really need to get the fuck out of there. Today I became responsible for retread casing inventory. Yes, there is a retread plant manager but I don't know what he does. Evidently it doesn't include controlling casing inventory because we have like -1000 of them or something. My theory is a small black hole.

Update, Postcode, No time to work on the problem today, maybe tomorrow. In a related note, I was wrong about the casings (casings are old tires before they're retreaded), there are -2703 of them. Evidently a big black hole. :D

Back