I could be selling Toyotas soon

Inkara1

I put in an application at Bingham Toyota today. The ad in the paper said I could make in excess of $5,000 a month, so I figured it's worth an application. They have to wait until after school's done to get things started, but I have an interview appointment on May 19. If they decide to hire me, I'll have to pee in a cup to look for drugs (no problems with that), and I would have to shave the goatee. The shaving of the goatee sucks, but $5,000 a month is a nice consolation.

Now, I figure the income is commission-based, so there's no guarantee of $5,000 a month. But even if I could get $2,500 a month, it would be a very, very nice bump from what I get now delivering pizzas.

There's probably not a guaranteed anything. It's most likely strictly commissions.

That said, you could pull down major cash if you hustle.

Selling cars, well Inky, it's like this. You will have weeks that you sell 2 or 3 cars, and you will have weeks that you sell no cars. Step number 1, go to the library, get every book you can that was written by Zig Zigler. He is the god of the salesmen. Don't just read them, learn them. Learn them inside and out. As corny as his exercises seem, do them anyway. Sales is not a bad career, or even a short time job, but you only get out what you put in.

I have an interview tomorrow. The guy said to come in anytime after 8 a.m. So, hopefully I'll have more info then. I want to find out if there's a guaranteed minimum amount I'll get each month, among other things.

Inkara1 said:
I want to find out if there's a guaranteed minimum amount I'll get each month, among other things.

I wouldn't bet on it. Car sales are almost always commission only. My step-dad sold them & made a killing. It's long work hours & good money if you're decent at it.

Some places do let you do a "draw" though, where you can get 1,000 or 1,500 a month even if you don't sell anything, but the first cars you do sell go to paying the draw.

The guy there seems to like me... but that accident at the start of April might keep me from getting the job because the dealer's insurance might not let me loose with any of the cars (read: no test drives).

Yeah. Beautiful Fresno. There's so much to see here, like... umm... well... uhh, let me get back to you on that.

I think unc might be on to something there.

The closest thing to a reason I was ever given was because of that fender-bender I was in, so their insurance probably wouldn't cover me.

Back