I did it.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I went a whole evening without OTC. :wink2:

I did get on the computer once, but it was for my daughter, she had to do a story about something in the news, so I started telling her about the Patriot Act, and how it's designed to take away our constitutional rights, and I looked up the wording of the "Beware the Leader who beats the drums of war' quote, so she took all that to do her report on today. :erm: Hope she don't end up in Guantanamo Bay by the end of the day.

And then you spoiled it all by coming back here to tell us... :D

Keep the teachers on their toes that's what I say... hang on... I'm a teacher...

Shakespeare is who I found the credit to it. That's what I told her to say, although the quote itself is directed as it's credited to Julius Ceaser. :shrug:

I believe he may have written it for play type thing. I'm not really sure. Anyone else know for sure? Possibly anyone that's been around for a few hundred years?

Sorry Squigg, didn't mean you. It's odd though, I've certainly found several different sources that disagree on it's origin. I think the majority are pointing to Ceasar, but I just tend to believe the Shakespeare thing myself more. I don't know. :shrug:

might have been in either of shakespeare's plays 'julius caesar' or 'anthony and cleopatra'

I just had a quick whizz through 'julius caesar' or 'anthony and cleopatra' but couldn't see it. To tell you the truth I don't remember it being in either of those... ?(

Back