I don't know if anyone besides me will care,

chcr

Too cute for words
but the MotoGP season starts this Sunday on Speed. Lots of new riders (two new Americans), lots of new bikes. If you've never seen motorcycle roadracing, this would be a good one to start with. :headbang: :headbang:

eh?

I like supercross. Just for the sound of those motors. For the same reason i crank up my tv when formula1 comes on.

WaaaaaaawaaaaaaaWaaaaaaaaaaaa

I don't even have to watch it i can just listen.

MotoGP runs four strokes now. 250s and 125s are still two strokes though.

I never have, but living in the south, you absorb some by osmosis. Are you familiar with the comedian Tim Wilson? He does a couple of hilarious songs about NASCAR. A new one called "Widin' on the Wahd Buhton Twain."

I have an Uncle that's a Nascar diehard. Drives from Alaska to godknowswhere a few times a year to catch the big races. Personally i'll take your F1 over our Nascar any day of the week. Just not into that driving in circles thing.

Hex, have you ever seen World Rally Champinship? Now. these guys are insane. Let's see, why don't we take a souped up economy car, and drive it as fast as we can (frequently faster) over dirt roads, regardless of weather conditions. Oh yeah, the drivers can't pre-drive the stage, but we'll get some suicidal maniac to ride along and read him notes about what's next. My favorite thing I've seen on it so far is when Tommi Makinen (I hope I spelled that right) rolled in a stage (they have in car cameras) and the network had to bleep about 15 seconds of Finnish swearing.:lol2:
Here's a link.

The WRC is the only form of motorsport I really follow these days. :headbang:

I almost fall asleep watching F1, CART, Nascar, MotoGP etc etc, although F1 this year has been ok and British Touring Car/DTM races aren't bad.

I hope MotoGP will be more interesting this year. Last year the 250s and 125s were a lot more fun. BTW, when I was younger, I did some roadracing. I was never in any real danger of winning or anything, but where else can you ride your bike flat out and not risk being arrested.

Yeah i think i've seen those. If i remember correctly they're the ones that tend to go off the road a lot, flip, run cameramen over and those sort of things. :D
Actually i learned to drive under the same circumstances. Where i grew up we only had a few miles of highway but hundreds of miles of logging roads and we got about 150" of rain per year making for awesome road conditions.. I went through four cars like that before i ever had a drivers license.

chcr said:
Hex, have you ever seen World Rally Champinship? Now. these guys are insane. Let's see, why don't we take a souped up economy car, and drive it as fast as we can (frequently faster) over dirt roads, regardless of weather conditions. Oh yeah, the drivers can't pre-drive the stage, but we'll get some suicidal maniac to ride along and read him notes about what's next. My favorite thing I've seen on it so far is when Tommi Makinen (I hope I spelled that right) rolled in a stage (they have in car cameras) and the network had to bleep about 15 seconds of Finnish swearing.:lol2:
Here's a link.

I always wanted to do that but never got the opportunity... better than coming off on a dirt bike... that hurts! :D

HeXp£Øi± said:
If i remember correctly they're the ones that tend to go off the road a lot, flip, run cameramen over and those sort of things.
Not to mention spectators, course marshals, corporate spnsors, etc...

^fellow believer^

Seriously though, they really need to do more about dem blinkin' pedestrians. Especially in Italy... =\

wrc is sweet, it was wicked living in cardiff when the uk stage was in south wales. the overnight paddock was outside my old work and the first night of warm up was incredible, the noise was awesome.

don't forget that a couple of spectators got whalloped last year, i think it was carlos sainz running into the crowd :s

The Italians are crazy. They stand in the middle of the road with a camera and then jump out of the way at the last minute. There isn't a problem near the checkpoints etc, but on the long windy bits there are no barriers and no marshals.

Something's going to go "Carmageddon" one day. =\

MuFu said:
Something's going to go "Carmageddon" one day.
That has actually happened in the past. In fact, that's when they got rid of the Group B (prototype/experimental) machines. I don't remember what year or which rally anymore, but a driver ran off into a fairly large group of spectators at 160 kph or so. Killed 5 plus the driver and co-driver, if I remember correctly. Hey, anybody remember the old Lancia 037 with a supercharger and a turbocharger. Probably needed nitrous, huh?

Back