i just hate it when.......

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
...you get to know that you could have gotten something before, and you were waiting.

Today i went out to buy Episode II because well, today it was supposed to be the release of the dvd, and a friend tells me: "it was on stores since last thursday", i just think he's joking, then another friend comes and tells me the same. The first thing i thought was: "this is Mexico, i should have known this".

Anyway, i just saw the film and the extra material, quite nice.

BUT, i feel the picture quality is kind of...."too much contrast/hue", the colours are not as smooth as i expected. It looks like those all BW films that latter were coloured.

Luis G said:
...you get to know that you could have gotten something before, and you were waiting.

Today i went out to buy Episode II because well, today it was supposed to be the release of the dvd, and a friend tells me: "it was on stores since last thursday", i just think he's joking, then another friend comes and tells me the same. The first thing i thought was: "this is Mexico, i should have known this".

Anyway, i just saw the film and the extra material, quite nice.

BUT, i feel the picture quality is kind of...."too much contrast/hue", the colours are not as smooth as i expected. It looks like those all BW films that latter were coloured.
Today was supposed to be the release date? Hmm... I got mine today in the mail, but I saw it last Friday in the store and wanted to buy it.

I don't know about your colors, but mine are just fine. Looks great. And go to the deleted scene of Padme's Bedroom. The second hologram from the left... It positively absolutely looks like two people are humping each other. :rofl2:

I also got the LotR Collector's Edition today, the one with the two statues and 4 DVDs.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000069F5H/qid=1037143381/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/102-8333426-1230501?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

B000069F5H.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
Its very pretty indeed. Those two statues are going to hold up some books :D They even had a 5th DVD in there, the National Geographic one on Tolkien.

Unlike Episode I, the Episode II DVD arrives only six months after its theatrical release, hitting stores on November 12. The lessons learned in making The Phantom Menace DVD helped prepare the team for what was to come.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/feature/20021008/index.html

yeah, it was supposed to be today, my guess is that many stores already had it since last week but were "ordered" not to show/sell it. Some of them just decided to ignore that :D (damn mexicans :headbang: )

I couldn't find the LOTR extended, maybe the zone4 version will be delayed a bit.

Actually, we got it last Thursday at Walgreens as well, but technically (I don't know about legally) we're not allowed to sell it until its release date which was today, so we just had to store it until I put them up today.

In Canada atleast it is illegal to sell or rent any movie or game before its official release date. My friend used to work at Blockbuster. There is an actual number you can call if you see a store with a video or game out before its release. It's usually smaller stores that do it cause they don't think they will get caught. The people at Blockebuster call about them all the time cause then the store looses it's licence to rent movies and competition is eliminated.

OK guys, for those of you that were wondering... the Extended version does NOT have the option of playing back the original version. It DOES span two DVDs so you have to switch around. Here is the text included with the booklet:

The Special Extended Edition of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is a unique version of the film, specially created for thie DVD. With no constraints in the film's running time, director Peter JAckson extended the movie by more than 30 minutes - with more character development, more humor, more story, more of J.R.R. Tokien's world.

But rather than simply inserting deleted scenes, JAckson approached this Extended Edition as if he were creating a whole new version of the film. He and the editor, John Gilbert, carefully evaluated material to be integrated into the film, and then worked to bring each scene up to the same polish as the rest of the feature - visual effects were completed, dialogue was recorded, and sound effects were created.

To make sure all of the scene flowed, Howard Shore composed and recorded new score with the London Philharmonic Orchestra.

The result is an opportunity for fans of the book to see a cherished world brought to life in even greater detail, and for those new to the legend to gain a deeper appreciation of its wonders.

Nixy said:
In Canada atleast it is illegal to sell or rent any movie or game before its official release date. My friend used to work at Blockbuster. There is an actual number you can call if you see a store with a video or game out before its release. It's usually smaller stores that do it cause they don't think they will get caught. The people at Blockebuster call about them all the time cause then the store looses it's licence to rent movies and competition is eliminated.

Blockbuster was also one of the stores selling it, and i assume it is illegal to sell them, but as i said: "this is Mexico, i should have known this" :D

The running time is now 208 minutes, or 3 and a half hours of glory. The DVD is anamorphic widescreen (2.35:1), NTSC formatted. Sound supported:

Dolby Digital 5.1 EX - English
DTS Stereo 6.1 ES - English
Stereo Surround - English
Stereo Surround - French

[/siz]
* indicates a new scene
** indicates an extended scene

1) Prologue: One Ring to Rule Them All...**
2) Concerning Hobbits*
3) The Shire**
4) Very Old Friends**
5) A Long-expected Party**
6) Farewell Dear Bilbo
7) Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe
8) The Account of Isildur
9) At the Green Dragon*
10) The Shadow of the Past
11) The Passing of the Elves*
12) Saruman the White
13) A Shortcut to Mushrooms
14) Bucklebury Ferry
15) At the Sign of the Prancing Pony
16) The Nazgul**
17)The Midgewater Marches*
18) The Spoiling of Isengard
19) A Knife in the Dark
20) The Caverns of Isengard
21) Flight to the ford**
22) Rivendell
23) Many Meetings
24) The Fate of the Ring
25) The Sword That Was Broken**
26) The Evenstar
27) The Council of Elrond**

DVD 2

28) Gilraen's Memorial*
29) Bilbo's Gifts
30) The Departure of the Fellowship*
31) The Ring Goes South**
32) The Pass of Caradhras**
33) Moria**
34) A Journey in the Dark**
35) Balin's Tomb**
36) The Bridge of Khazad-dum
37) Lothlorien**
38) Caras Galadhon**
39) The mirror of Galadriel**
40) The Fighting Uruk-hai
41) Farewell to Lorsen**
42) The Great River**
43) Parch Galen
44) The Breaking of the Fellowship**
45) The Departure of Boromir**
46) The Road Goes Ever On...
47) Credits
48) Official Fan Club Credits*

he is joking Luis. it came out on tues day. i picked mine up from my work at midnight(i ended up having to go to the other wal mart and didsnt get home til 1 watched the yoda fight scene with Dooku didnt sleep til 130 got up at 6) i remember all that cause it was on monday night. so there ya go lad. its been out since tues. but i want to get the original trilogy(star wars a new hope,empire strikes back and return of the jedi)on dvd anyone know when they come out???

who's joking? :confuse3:

and about the original trilogy, it will possibly be out after the release of episode III

Back