I need a 12 step program....

tonksy

And the pun is intended because I'm talking about shoes. I went for ballet slippers and kids boots and ended up with 2 new pairs for myself...plus I am expecting a pair in the mail any day now.
I'm a stone cold addict. Anyone else a shoe freak?

No? Well then, what personal article do you have just too many of according to everyone else?

majestyx

I'm right there with ya, tonks. My husband tells everyone that I have WAYYYYY too many pairs of shoes. And, clothes too.

tonksy

I'm right there with ya, tonks. My husband tells everyone that I have WAYYYYY too many pairs of shoes. And, clothes too.

Does he give you the fish eye when you pack for a trip and then go "Do you really need to bring 5 pairs of shoes for a 3 day trip?" and you're all like "Oh, absolutely!"?

majestyx

Does he give you the fish eye when you pack for a trip and then go "Do you really need to bring 5 pairs of shoes for a 3 day trip?" and you're all like "Oh, absolutely!"?

Yep! Then he just shakes his head when I tell him I need those 5 pairs of shoes because each one depends on 1-my mood when I choose what I'm gonna wear and 2-which shoes go with the outfit I'm in the mood to wear! :grinyes:

TexasRaceLady

My hubby is addicted to tools and very, very large man toys -- i.e. bulldozer & backhoe to begin with.

I'm addicted to books --- but, you can't EVER have too many books. :D

Altron

I have too many computer parts according to everyone else. I agree. Once I get some time off, I'm very inclined to take the stuff I use on a daily basis into another room and scrap the rest of it.

Basically, I have two chairs, one table, one computer, my stereo, and my TV. The rest is shit I don't use. Piles and piles of computer hardware. I've taken like five huge trashcans full of stuff out, but it never goes down. I gotta shift from throwing away stuff I don't need to keeping the stuff I need and throwing everything else away. If it doesn't have an immediate use, it can hit the trashcan.

As for shoes, I am very particular about what I get. I don't have a lot, but I pick them out carefully and spend lots of money, for health reasons. I walk A LOT. It's amazing what a year can do to your feet. I used to get uncomfortable standing in line or something, and my feet would get sore if I stood for like an hour.
Now, it's crazy. My feet don't even start to get sore until I've been standing for at least ten hours. It's a little weird for the people around me. I don't sit down on trains. I don't sit down in waiting rooms. If I need to wait out front for somebody, I don't look for a bench. I stand.