I need some music recommendations..

Jeslek

Banned
... in the area of cultural music. Specifically Mexican, Gaellic, Celtic, Irish, Greek, and Hawaiin... Should be traditional music from those cultures. I want to broaden my understanding hehe. Any recommendations would really be appreciated.

Don't know about traditional, it would be hard to find a band playing those songs, theres something called "pirecua" that is and ancient form of music of my state.

Some mexican performers (that sing "pain" songs, and you get drunk hearing those, lol, :D ):
Vicente Fernandez
Jose Jose
Juan Gabriel

other music bands:
Molotov
Control Machete
Caifanes (or Jaguares, same band they changed their name)
Aleks Syntek

i would suggest that gaelic, irish and celtic become irish, scottish traditional, welsh traditional and english traditional.

irish: altan, calico, ewan mccoll, dervish

scots trad: poozies, battlefield band, capercaillie

welsh trad: fernhill, pyginclust

english: waterson/carthy, kathyn tickell, nancy kerr and james fagan, carthy/swarbrick

these come courtesy of the folk collection of my missus. you may have a hard time sourcing this stuff, if you want any more then pm or email me, she is a veritable mine of folk-information :)

ris you are brilliant! Thanks!! If you were a girl I would kiss you, hm, I might anyways seeing I have a reputation, but I won't, instead I will just give you a handshake... Where the hell is the handshake smiley? :headbang:

Oh and luis, thanks to you too ;) I love these songs that I can't understand a word.

/downloading furiously

ris that music is hard to find... :/

Amazon.com doesn't carry most of the stuff, Amazon.co.uk is scarily expensive, Kazaa doesn't return many results... ah well, time to check IRC

i thought it might, i might be able to find some easier than you, i'll let you know what i can do :)

LastLegionary said:
ris that music is hard to find... :/

Amazon.com doesn't carry most of the stuff, Amazon.co.uk is scarily expensive, Kazaa doesn't return many results... ah well, time to check IRC

You could try buying directly from the labels...?

I bought an Altan CD off Amazon.co.uk, and it wasn't bad pricewise.... but then CDs are probably a lot more expensive in the UK and Ireland than they are in the States...?

Back