I swear i'm like a fricken vampire...

HeXp£Øi±

The sun doesn't get very high this time of year but it's always just high enough to pound through the winshield of my jeep and make me blind. Not just the sun but the snow on the ground and the roads here are solid ice on black pavement miking them into a virtual mirror for the sunlight. Even with sunglasses on and my visor down i feel like i should be nailed into a coffin until the sun goes down. I guess being raised in a rain forest where it rains 140" per year didn't help much where my intolorence for the sun is concerned. where i come from the sun comes up and the people think the gods are punishing them.

Might i suck on your neck for a time young lady?
vampire.gif

Heh...sorry i was just distracted by the idea that kuulani just married a hawaiian man and quite possible a samoan. I was thinking...it's true we vampires can only be killed by a stake through the heart or a silver bullet but we can still be bludgened beyond all recognition by the fists of an angry Samoan husband.

no no no....silver bullets are for killing wearwolves....
wooden stake through the heart or sunlight to kill vampires.....

sheesh....

:D

HeXp£Øi± said:
Heh...sorry i was just distracted by the idea that kuulani just married a hawaiian man and quite possible a samoan. I was thinking...it's true we vampires can only be killed by a stake through the heart or a silver bullet but we can still be bludgened beyond all recognition by the fists of an angry Samoan husband.

:rofl: OMG!! Nope, my hubby isn't Samoan. Wait 'til I tell nalani about this :lol:

Spot said:
wooden stake through the heart or sunlight to kill vampires

yup according to legend. but a wooden stake through the heart would kill anyone. hell a big enough steak would kill anyone. vampires are cool i love em. and some legends. as well as the game too.

Is it true that blue-eyed people are more sensitive to light than brown-eyed people? I've often wondered about that.

I'm getting crow's feet from squinting so much. I finally got clip on sunglasses a few years ago and they help but I still have problems with that and with night blindness.

I have wrap around polarized fishing glasses. I spent a lot of time working nights and I've still a hard time dealing with any glare. That's bright, shitty, overcast is the worst.

greenfreak said:
Is it true that blue-eyed people are more sensitive to light than brown-eyed people? I've often wondered about that.

I'm getting crow's feet from squinting so much. I finally got clip on sunglasses a few years ago and they help but I still have problems with that and with night blindness.

Actually, I was wonderin' the opposite.

I have very dark brown eyes, an' I can hardly tolerate the brightness of sun without my shades.

Perhaps a mentality of intolerance, I'm not sure.

I have heard though, that dark colors absorb, (attact) light rays, where as light colors reflect it.

Dunno really, other than I get easily blinded in direct sun conditions or reflected ones. However, I seem to be quite comfortably able to distinguish shapes an' discern distances at night, etc.:cool:

greenfreak said:
Are your sunglasses polarized? If not...get them. I never ever drive without sunglasses, but a couple years ago I got polarized lenses...WHAT a difference.

Q said:
greenfreak said:
Are your sunglasses polarized? If not...get them. I never ever drive without sunglasses, but a couple years ago I got polarized lenses...WHAT a difference.

Do ya think Oakleys are polarized? Don't really know, but I got a pair as a gift las' Christmas. They seem to work great for me.

Also, wonderin', when I do get "real" scripts, can I get a compatible pair of sunglasses that will give me the same good results as these, without havin' to shell out an arm an' a leg??(

Q said:
greenfreak said:

How would I know? Are they the kind that you can see your reflection in? If so, I don't have them. They didn't come in green. :D

I have to get a new scrip for my glasses too. It's been a while, and my eyes are changing. I need bifocals.

Back