i want a portable MP3 for christmas...

ipod :D

Seriously, though, I Have a Koss CD player that reads MP3 CDs as well. It was 40 bucks online (if you look up cheap bastard in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of me). The headphones that came with it were shit, but with a good set of phones, it's not too bad.

Edit: 140 to 150 128K songs per CD, BTW.

I'm with chcr. If space/size isn't an issue, go with a cd-based one. I have a TDK that does ID3 decoding on two lines (song artist/name, etc).

However, some of the mp3 players out there now feature the same thing. I like the ability to use CDs for storage reasons...burn two CDs worth of mp3s and you're good for a long trip (lasts me from here to Iowa and back).

That reminds me.... I've gotta buy a portable cd player. Thanks for reminding me.

chcr said:
The ipod is excellent, I'd love to have someone buy me one.
yeah, well, my mom usually sends cash for christmas and my husband can cough up the rest somehow.

I want one of those mp3 players with the harddrives in them, like the ipod.

I only have a K@zoo right now. 64MB of memory. At least I can put in a 128MB MMC.

Yes, but you'll want firewire if you're an instant gratification asshole like me.

can mp3 players work off a car stereo?

Couple of ways to go there. The best solution is to get a car stereo with a line-in jack. If (like me) you're a cheap bastard, you can get one of those things you plug into your cassette player for twenty bucks or so. You don't get CD quality sound that way though.

Back