If anyone has some knowledge of the FAFSA, I have a question for you

FluerVanderloo

So here's the thing. My mom, my darling mother, procrastinated on the FAFSA, despite my warnings it was due to UMBC (my school of choice) on February 15. We sent it the Saturday before, and it arrived at the FAFSA office right on the 15th; however, it wasn't processed until the 22nd. Can I be penalized and not receive funds because FAFSA didn't process it by UMBC's deadline?

I doubt it....I send it in late all the time. You may not get as much money though.

Now that it is processed late there really isn't much you can do besides wait.

Nah, I've filled that out as late as August and still got funds to start in September. I wouldn't worry about it. A Feb 15th deadline is just the school wanting all the ducks in the row and your little signature on the enrollment forms. That's all.

I would have but I needed her tax return information. I did my part, then left the rest to her.

Six more months until I move out. I have to see it that way.

Too funny just had the same convo before reading this post with me kid. Just cuz Mah ain't doin' her part don't mean the stuff isn't gonna get dun. Adults make things happen and get their own stuff handled. Even single mothers aren't exempt
Properly married wimen's just leave it to their husbands’ lol
Floo you ain’t gotta hubby to leave it too…

“git-er-done”

Back