If this happened in Dixie...

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
from tonguetied.us

An Oklahoma transplant to New York City said she has had to remove her kids from their public school in Brooklyn after they were repeatedly harassed, beaten and bombarded with racial slurs by others kids at the school, reports the New York Daily News.

Lisa Brown says she moved so her two boys, ages 11 and 13, could experience a little more diversity, but is now regretting it. The abuse got so bad that her sons routinely bolted out of the building after school, dodging racial epithets and physical attacks all the way to the subway.

Brown filed several police reports about the abuse, but said she was ignored. She also tried to alert the school principal about the abuse but was rebuffed.

"Do I have to send the National Guard in to get my children an education?" she asked.

**end**

What a tragedy that racism only exists in one direction. What a shame that white folks have to live in racially segregated areas to avoid discrimination. What a shame that Dr. King's dream will never be realized.

If this had been a black kid in Mississippi, all hell would be breaking loose. What a bunch of hypocrites we have allowed ourselves to become.

[sings] We shall overcome...[/singing]

SouthernN'Proud said:
What a tragedy that racism only exists in one direction. What a shame that white folks have to live in racially segregated areas to avoid discrimination. What a shame that Dr. King's dream will never be realized.

If this had been a black kid in Mississippi, all hell would be breaking loose. What a bunch of hypocrites we have allowed ourselves to become.

[sings] We shall overcome...[/singing]

Psst...You're correct, but for the wrong reasons. Besides...this kind of thing happens to black people more often than you think.

Gato_Solo said:
Psst...You're correct, but for the wrong reasons. Besides...this kind of thing happens to black people more often than you think.

No it doesn't. I never deny that is still happens way too often. That justifies precisely squat. Equal means equal means equal, and as soon as we start equality for all somebody let me know.

It happens BY black people more often than you want told too.

SouthernN'Proud said:
No it doesn't. I never deny that is still happens way too often. That justifies precisely squat. Equal means equal means equal, and as soon as we start equality for all somebody let me know.

It happens BY black people more often than you want told too.

Nope. I point out such lunacy no matter the race, creed, or color when I find something particularly ridiculous.

rrfield said:
NEWSFLASH: People suck.

Only some people & even fewer are really good at it.

CONTENT OF THEIR CHARACTER. People seem to have forgotten that part.

Back