I'm going to buy a new car

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Time to replace my good old Datsun 1600 '74, not that it gives me problems within the city, but I can't take it out for traveling, and paying the gas of the other car is just wayy to expensive.

Hopefully, tomorrow is going to be the day to get a brand new Renault clio (expression version), boy is it sweet. The best part is that I'm paying it in 24 months with 0% of interest. :headbang:

i didnt know they were still manufacturing the renault. i always liked the LeCar. it was cool.
Congrats luis

Leslie, yes, I've been driving that car ever since I started driving, it belonged to my father (he bought it brand new), the car is in relative optimum conditions considering its age.

Sam, I'm uncertain as to where they are manufactured, Renault left Mexico in the 80s but came back a few years ago, they are either manufactured here or in France.

I can't wait to have it, I'm somewhere between nervious, frightened and excited. This is the first car I ever buy and it is brand new so it is a big ego boost. :D :D

Your first brand new car, huh? Man, I remember that feeling. Congrats.

Try not to think about the 15% depreciation the moment you leave the lot. :D

HomeLAN said:
Your first brand new car, huh? Man, I remember that feeling. Congrats.

Try not to think about the 15% depreciation the moment you leave the lot. :D

Ohh great, I thought it was 25% :D :D

cliosport1.jpg

I want the blue one but if they can't get that colour I'll get the red one.

An old saying says, never lend your horse (these days would be car) or the wife ;)

Luis G said:
cliosport1.jpg

I want the blue one but if they can't get that colour I'll get the red one.

An old saying says, never lend your horse (these days would be car) or the wife ;)

Geez, Luis. I just want to drive it, not marry it. :D

Renault was imported by AMC. When Shyster bought them out, they let the import contracts lapse. Renault didn't have enough of a presense to support their own dealerships, so they left the market.

Oh, OK. I always thought it was because the cars were crap. I'm sure they've improved between 1985 and 2004, though.

Luis, there's a third, unwritten part to that rule... never lend the horse/car to the wife. ;)

Inkara1 said:
Oh, OK. I always thought it was because the cars were crap. I'm sure they've improved between 1985 and 2004, though.

You pretty much defined every car built during the 80's. Bending over and lubing up for the EPA put car technology back 20 years. Not to mention that now, every car is built with a 10 year guaranteed failure point.

Professur said:
You pretty much defined every car built during the 80's. Bending over and lubing up for the EPA put car technology back 20 years. Not to mention that now, every car is built with a 10 year guaranteed failure point.
Yep, anyone visit a junkyard lately? They used to be full of wrecked cars. These days they're full of pretty decent looking cars with a blown engine, blown tranny, or some other major mechanical problem.

Well, I formalized the deal today, I gave $5,000 in advance for it and I'll give the rest when they authorize the credit, which will be in 2 or 3 days.

Hopefully, they will have the car by then, the agent told me that it was very likely to happen.

Luis G said:
Well, I formalized the deal today, I gave $5,000 in advance for it and I'll give the rest when they authorize the credit, which will be in 2 or 3 days.

Hopefully, they will have the car by then, the agent told me that it was very likely to happen.

Wow, they do car deals backwards in Mexico, eh?

I wouldn't give them a check until I had inspected the car and it was sitting there ready to drive home. :shrug:

Buying your first brand-new car is exciting - you'll never forget the way it smells as you drive it home for the first time. Congratulations, Luis! :cool:

Back