I'm gonna miss that cat...

Stop Laughing

It got to be too much now. The last 5 weeks we've been making weekly trips to the vet for Dolly for various things besides testing her blood sugar, like her eye scratch, cataracts and another skin infection, but the last few days she had become very lethargic and wouldn't eat anything. We brought her in first thing this morning, and a few hours later they called back saying she was anemic and her kidneys failed. We just got back from saying goodbye, and she purred for me as loud as she could, but it wasn't what she used to do, she's so weak. She knew it was time, she didn't resist going to the vet and looks so tired and ready to go. I'm really gonna miss her tonight, she'd always jump into my bed before I'd fall asleep to be petted. She was a few months shy of 15 years old. :crying4:

God, i know what your going through. My pet guinea pig was put to sleep a month ago, you have my deepest condolences. :crying3:

I've cried every time I've had to put a pet to sleep. Sometimes it's all that's left though. Hope you sleep well and dream of her tonight, dude.

best wishes. and deepest condolences too. we are all sorry for your loss. take care. were all here if you need us mate

Hey man, that sucks. Still, that's better than it getting run over by your own brother and you not even finding out about it until two monts later when you go & visit your Dad & can't find her anywhere.... :eek6:

I know how you feel...

I've had more animals die than anyone I know, thanks in part to my cray neighbor who shoots them all.

I had to put down my dog of 14 years [had to shoot it myself... :crying4:] because the neighbor gut shot it and the vet wouldnt come down at a late hour.

and then I got my first rat for my birthday. he was awesome, and I loved him very much.

and then my friend brought him downstairs and set him on the table and our shitzu got him...

so, yeah, I know what it's like to lose a pet.

ralphie said:
I know how you feel...

I've had more animals die than anyone I know, thanks in part to my cray neighbor who shoots them all.

I had to put down my dog of 14 years [had to shoot it myself... :crying4:] because the neighbor gut shot it and the vet wouldnt come down at a late hour.

Tell me you got that motherfucker for cruelty to animals!!!!

Stop Laughing- Check my sig I lost my cat squirrel to similar circumstances not more than 8mos ago! Its hard I know... I loved my cat dearly and watched her slowly get worse due to liver failure! Its never easy to lose someone you love whether human or any other companion! My condolences to your loss!

drkavnger99 said:
Tell me you got that motherfucker for cruelty to animals!!!!

meh.

couldn't prove he did it.

of course, the look on his face when I knocked on his door with a shotgun and told him I'd blow his ass away if he touched another on of my animals was enough for me...

and then he did it again.

so I killed his turkeys.

stupid bastard.

and, hey, he started telling us when he was going to put out poisened meat for the coyotes so we kept our dogs inside.

he's a crazy mofo.

it always sucks, but believe me you've done the right thing. And she's better now.
a13, did that happen to you? :eek6:

Back