I'm good enough, i'm smart enough and gosh darrnit...

Re: I'm good enough, i'm smart enough and gosh darrnit,

Whatever helps you sleep at night. :D

Re: I'm good enough, i'm smart enough and gosh darrnit,

Al Frankin gives me the creeps. Almost as much as that picture of Saddam.

tonks said:
al franken makes me laugh....but so does rush limbaugh.....but whatcha gonna do?

You forgot Bill Oreilly. They're both radicals in their own league imv. Both laughable.

HeXp£Øi± said:
You forgot Bill Oreilly. They're both radicals in their own league imv. Both laughable.

Speaking of .... this is a topic i wanted to bring up long ago, but never go around to.

Okay, Al Frankin and Bill O'Reilly aren't so ... friendly with each other. In fact, they basically don't like each other. Both recently published books. Franken's book is Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right. O'Reilly's book is called Who's Looking Out for You?

Both were interviewed on Fresh Air hosted by Terry Gross on NPR. Franken was interviewed first as his book came out first, O'Reilly was interviewed about a month later.

Anyway, I found the interviews very interesting. I was a little biased prior to each one. I kind of sided with Franken initially because he was on Saturday Night Live and I had a general dislike for O'Reilly. The dislike for O'Reilly was not founded, necessarily, since I really do'nt know much about him at all.

But after listening to both interviews (both of which can be downloaded from NPR.org), I realized my views were skewed and I pretty much lost all respect for Franken. I rather like O'Reilly and some of the ways he thinks.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I don't know if this is need for a nother thread or not.

Bless you Rose, i always knew i liked you for some reason. The truth about O'Reilly is that he is a thinking genius yet because of his popularity his head has swelled to the size of a respectable mellon.
Listen to his words but keep a safe distance. His ego is contagious.

:winkkiss:

He does seem to have quite an ego. I've never caught his television show The O'Reilly Factor in full, but I've seen bits of it. From the small bit I've watched, I've always come to the conclusion that he was kind of a loud asshole. :s

I wish I could recall offhand the specifics of the interview that really changed my mind on him. His whole way of thinking, very down-to-earth, impressed me.

Hey Squigg's remember holding up the mirror and saying that the one day to get me laughing-miss the laughs from ya. :winkkiss:

Back