Image attachment restrictions

flavio

Banned
Ok, I've noticed the image size limitation of 640x480 which seems reasonable...but I tried to attach one that was 480x640 and got the size restriction error.

Is there anyway we can make it so that if the image is flipped it is still acceptable?

I just noticed the max file size, i think it is a bit too high (300kB).

As for the image size.......i think you'll have to resize it.

Yeah, I don't think you could make it so a 480x640 image would work. It'd be too hard to tell it to see if the pic is 307,200 total pixels instead of if it's less than 640 wide and less than 480 tall.

Best I can do is increase the size limit to 640x640 (a piece of code switching the dimensions and checking them again is out of
my league :eek: )

I think the reason we were limiting to 640x480 in the first place was because of the width and making sure large images wouldn't tear up the width of the page, so another 160 pixels shouldn't be too bad on the height side

Inkara1 said:
Yeah, I don't think you could make it so a 480x640 image would work. It'd be too hard to tell it to see if the pic is 307,200 total pixels instead of if it's less than 640 wide and less than 480 tall.

Even if that were possible, that still leaves the option of having an image of 307,200x1 which is unacceptable.

Luis G said:
Inkara1 said:

Even if that were possible, that still leaves the option of having an image of 307,200x1 which is unacceptable.

Nice :D

SOoooo....what if the limit was just changed to 640x640? Or would that wreak havoc with the time-space continuim thingy?

flavio said:
Luis G said:
Inkara1 said:

Nice :D

SOoooo....what if the limit was just changed to 640x640? Or would that wreak havoc with the time-space continuim thingy?

fury said:
Best I can do is increase the size limit to 640x640 (a piece of code switching the dimensions and checking them again is out of
my league )

I think the reason we were limiting to 640x480 in the first place was because of the width and making sure large images wouldn't tear up the width of the page, so another 160 pixels shouldn't be too bad on the height side

I think that will work.

I SWEAR that fury's post was not there when I made my last post!

Damn! It did screw up the time-space thingy :eek:

Back