In Memoriam

I looked out the window eating breakfast, and downtown Manhattan is short a pair of Towers.

*bows head in remembrance of all the victims of Muslim extremist terrorism and hopes that Americans can get past partisan politics and spend less time and effort criticising the administration and work together to find a solution*

Yesterday when we hit the 9/11 anniversary, I was on my way home from work, when a protest of ... oh, musta been about 10 people... marched past ranting about wanting the 'truth' re: 9/11 being an inside job. Idiots. :rolleyes:

Amazing how people think Bush is the dumbest man alive, yet people also think he could orchestrate something as complicated as faking a terrorist attack of that magnitude.

Well dumb people are easily controlled by smarter people. :shrug:

*bows head* and hopes that we start to take care of the health care needs of those involved in the cleanup effort who are suffering now with no help.

i remember the day being a rainy dreary one, but when i said this the other day, everyone was quick to inform me it was a beautiful day, weather-wise, both in NYC and here in MD.

i may not remember the weather that day, but the other events will never leave my brain. much head-bowing is had from me.

I just remember being horrified by the pictures on the TV and then finding out that a 15 year old friend's mother was missing. Poor girl, I don't know what happened to her, she just couldn't accept that her mom was dead.

I just remember being horrified by the pictures on the TV and then finding out that a 15 year old friend's mother was missing. Poor girl, I don't know what happened to her, she just couldn't accept that her mom was dead.

It must be really hard to come to grips with someone being dead if you never get to see a body...Hell, I watched my dad die, spent two evenings at his visitation at the funeral home, watched them put him in the ground and sometimes my brain tries to wander and be like "Maybe it wasn't him, maybe it was someone who looks like him, maybe he's coming back." It's a tough thing to deal with that never really goes away.

It was first and only time in my life I can say I was actually scared of what was going to happen next. Here's to the families of all touched by this.

It must be really hard to come to grips with someone being dead if you never get to see a body...Hell, I watched my dad die, spent two evenings at his visitation at the funeral home, watched them put him in the ground and sometimes my brain tries to wander and be like "Maybe it wasn't him, maybe it was someone who looks like him, maybe he's coming back." It's a tough thing to deal with that never really goes away.

My dad died very suddenly when I was 34 and that was bad enough. I can't imagine how much more difficult it must be when you're going thorough adolesence as well. It's a time when you need your parents to be there.

Back