Incubus and Megalomaniac

Camelyn

I just watched the video for the new Incubus song, Megalomaniac. When I first heard the song, I had to do a radio channel check, because I thought I was listening to Rush on a classic rock station.

As for the video, it has got to be the most political video I have seen in many a year. With imagery that includes historic footage as well as a Monty Python-esque hitler in a tutu and angel wings, a politician with an eagles head biting off the heads of a crowd of syncophants and a circa 1940's family feeding their baby oil. It was disturbing and facinating. Add to it the fact that these guys are excellent musicians (the drummer is just amazing) and the song is above par, and I was riveted.

Anyone else see it?

Not their best video simply because the band is known for not having political music but more life lessons, realizing the bigger things sort of music so some of their other videos are better (Watch - "Wish you were here" or "Warning" or my favorite "Are you in"). Great song though, that can be applied in many situations.

Feb 03 can not come soon enough.

IDLEchild said:
Not their best video simply because the band is known for not having political music but more life lessons, realizing the bigger things sort of music so some of their other videos are better (Watch - "Wish you were here" or "Warning" or my favorite "Are you in"). Great song though, that can be applied in many situations.

Yeah, the fact that they are not what I would call a political band is what made me do a double take, It was like a Rage Against the Machine vidoe, if Rage had ever decided to make one.

I can't wait for the new album either. This song makes me wonder what direction they are taking with it. But I have yet to be disappointed by them so... :)

Camelyn said:
I can't wait for the new album either. This song makes me wonder what direction they are taking with it. But I have yet to be disappointed by them so... :)
Well they said they are going back to their more older style with a new twist (whateverthat means)

If you are patient and search around you can listen to another song of theirs from the new album, its called "pistola". I have heard it in a horribly bad live recording but it sounded good.

IDLEchild said:

are you in is a phenominal song!

IDLEchild said:
It is widely avaliable in P2P networks if you ever get the urge to see it.
um...i can't watch music videos on this thing....she needs more power....but thanks for the tip.

Back