Ins

Dave

[rant]
went into boston this morning to see diana's mother take her citizenship oath. she had her interview back in november and got the notification about 3 weeks ago to be in boston this morning. got all the way into town, which was an adventure to say the least, only to find out that all the paperwork wasn't ready. when she went up to sign in, they told her the vermont office hadn't completed the necessary paperwork so she couldn't take the oath today. we called the INS and they said that because boston has a higher security level (??) they are double checking everyone.
the woman is 85.

she wasn't the only one that had that problem either. there were quite a few other names on the list. how difficult could it have been for them to notify all those families?
:finger: to the INS
[/rant]

And now, for you guys, to straighten out this mess is probably going to take another few months. :rolleyes:

When Rusty and his parents got their notice, it was really short too. Rusty and I went to his naturalization ceremony but his parents had non refundable tickets to Florida so they never took the oath.

i get really annoyed with bureaucratic ineptitude.

they gave us about 3 weks notice this time. next time we'll probably get a phone call saying telling us we have 3 hours to get into town.

INS sucks ( I can say that because I am a natural citizen & not waiting in line for some paperpushing beauracrat to get off his or her fat lazy working for the government because I can't get a real job slob ass & push a a couple telephone buttons) but if you're waiting fot them to do something, DO NOT PISS THEM OFF!!! ;)

That applies to any government drone. Don't let on how incompetent they are until AFTER you get what you came for.

Personally I find it helps to have a nervous breakdown in their office... boy do they move then! :D :lol: < *thinking of past experiences...

Did you do that here or back in the UK? YOu never know who youre going to run across in those offices. Half of them would most likely just sick security on ya.

In the UK... Social Security... it TOTALLY freaks them out. :eek:

When Katie was just a baby I wasn't able to work and there was a lot of shit going on about her Down's and her heart condition and I went to them for help... my nerves weren't too good at the time... I flooded the office and drowned a couple of boxes of tissues but it got things done remarkably fast in retrospect... :shrug:

I expect they're a lot more cynical these days...

I like to start the conversation by asking them about their car. What kind, colour. They really like it? That's great. Wasn't that it parked just outside?

Now, about my paperwork...

Works everytime. But sometimes you have to go through two or three people to get to the guy who drove to work. And I did have one guy step out to make a photocopy and he slipped his keys to a buddy to go and move the car. Just in case.:D

Back