Interesting tidbit.

chcr

Too cute for words
Boston Rocker Tells Huckabee to Lay Off
"Boston has never endorsed a political candidate, and with all due respect, would not start by endorsing a candidate who is the polar opposite of most everything Boston stands for," wrote Scholz, adding that he is supporting Democratic Sen. Barack Obama. "By using my song, and my band's name Boston, you have taken something of mine and used it to promote ideas to which I am opposed. In other words, I think I've been ripped off, dude!"

Fred Bramante, who was chairman of Huckabee's New Hampshire campaign, called the allegations ridiculous. He said he attended dozens of Huckabee rallies in New Hampshire and other states and never heard Huckabee play "More Than a Feeling," other than when Goudreau campaigned with him in Iowa in October.

Whole story.

I kind of agree with Tom Scholz here. I've always assumed that any political figure that used a song in a campaign had, at the very least, tacit approval of the original artist. Maybe not. What does everyone else think?

reagan wanted to use 'little pink houses' as a campaign song. IIRC mellenhed told him to get bent.

I think they use them as they see fit. Notice, it's only the (R)'s that are told no? Maybe Barrack should use Stranglehold as a campaign song. hehe

*wonders why slick Willie didn't use Wang Dang Sweet Poontang*

I think they use them as they see fit. Notice, it's only the (R)'s that are told no? Maybe Barrack should use Stranglehold as a campaign song. hehe
I doubt that although entertainment folks tend toward liberal more than conservative. The Skynyrd bunch is pretty conservative though.

*wonders why slick Willie didn't use Wang Dang Sweet Poontang*
Excellent question. :lloyd: Reckon Ted woulda let him?

Back