Interesting viewpoint...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
My eldest daughter, and her boyfriend, Travis, a Political Science major at CofC, came by my house earlier this week. Since he likes to "debate", we had a discussion about Obamacare. He was losing the argument, and, instead of just letting it go, he decided to up the ante by way of a threat. He basically stated that he was going to put me in a "home"...aka insane asylum, because I didn't agree with his viewpoint. Ordinarily, I'd laugh this off, but he was intensely serious. Anybody else know who put folks that didn't go along with their ideologies in insane asylums? I didn't have the heart to explain to him why this view was wrong as well. Kinda makes me wonder what their teaching in Political Science classes at the Colleges around these parts...

Winky

Seeing my Son's political leanings inevitably skew leftward
from years in college seems almost natural.
I know that his upbringing and a return too the real world
will expunge such silly notions, at least I hope so.

Isn't political science code for communism?

2minkey

bootlicker
My eldest daughter, and her boyfriend, Travis, a Political Science major at CofC, came by my house earlier this week. Since he likes to "debate", we had a discussion about Obamacare. He was losing the argument, and, instead of just letting it go, he decided to up the ante by way of a threat. He basically stated that he was going to put me in a "home"...aka insane asylum, because I didn't agree with his viewpoint. Ordinarily, I'd laugh this off, but he was intensely serious. Anybody else know who put folks that didn't go along with their ideologies in insane asylums? I didn't have the heart to explain to him why this view was wrong as well. Kinda makes me wonder what their teaching in Political Science classes at the Colleges around these parts...

in this context it doesn't matter what they're teaching in poli sci at the local college. a particular viewpoint is not his problem. wanting to enforce it is.

i would expect there are numerous regimes (e.g. soviets) that have put people in asylums for dissent. it's not exactly a unique idea.

catocom

Well Goto, it's apparent that they aren't teaching him what one has to go through to get another person 'put away'.
It ain't easy, unless you have something of some Major value.

Now if they start up some kind of 'camps'...look out.

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah winky "political science" isn't code for commie. it means "i think i'm special and should not have to work very hard in school." in practice the curriculum seems to produce highly opinionated dipshits.

the following majors also typically produce dipshits and/or the kids going into these things were likely dipshitted beforehand:
sociology
psychology
business administration
"[fill in the blank] studies" e.g native american studies
most english majors

all them commies are content to piss away america. HAH HAH HAH. yeah i guess it does mean commie.

political science professors are often commies. but if'n an undergrad-aged kid can't separate the nonsense from the useful logical principles, s/he should be flushed anyway. like the recovered tampon from the muzzle-loader experiment.

Gato_Solo

I put that info there if he tries to get active in politics. It may seem petty, but I take threats VERY seriously. Especially ones involving life or liberty. Its like this...if he ever gets into a position to set, or enforce, any policies on anything over a county level, this thread will be found by any journalist looking for anything on him. Call it strategy, or even petty revenge. I don't care about either definition at this point. Bottom line is he made a threat to me in my home. Shows a complete lack of respect AND a complete lack of manners. I just hope my daughter is thinking about this as well...

2minkey

bootlicker
it's okay... none of us is that important... especially travis. with a poli sci degree he'll be lucky to land a job at the local gas station. i don't see a rise to power in his future. for her sake i hope your daughter dumps the dumbass.

Gato_Solo

That is her decision, but I already let her know that he is no longer welcome on my property...

Winky

yeah she'll grow out of him in a matter of months if not weeks
I'd say his mentality is par for the course, perhaps he's not really to blame?
I mean c'mon stop and think for a moment Obamacare requires the hiring of 4,000 IRS agents
imposes fines on businesses and individuals for those that fail to comply with the 2,700 page law
and for all I know there's something in there about people who disagree with it needing to be committed
to a nuthouse.

This law isn't far away from the nuttiness that was the Soviet Union

jimpeel

I didn't have the heart to explain to him why this view was wrong as well. Kinda makes me wonder what their teaching in Political Science classes at the Colleges around these parts...

That was the point you should have been out of your chair and in his face that his ideology, with that comment, aligned him with every tyrannical dictatorship in history because that is what they did with their dissenters and political opponents. I would have told him that he is a good Apparatchik and to get his Commie ass out of my house and never darken my door again; and if he did, he had better bring a lunch if he thinks he is putting me anywhere.

Winky

Now now Jimmy boy where the heck you been lately
the commies have taken over its only a matter of time now.
Honestly do you see this trend reversing anytime soon?
This kid's viewpoint is the commonly held one by most people
of his generation. Besides imagine the mental thrashing Gato
must him been giving him, you know how liberals get when
confronted by reality.

ResearchMonkey

Y'alls more polite society than I am.

Take him over your knee, spank the dog-shit outta him. Tell him to call the cops and have a good spanking as part of his permanent court record. ;) (bet he wouldn't call)

Sorry for your troubles Gato, she'll come back to her teachings.

Gotholic

This reminds me of how they are trying to say if you are skeptical of global warming or fear of the government turning tyrannical, then you have a mental disorder.

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah you and occupy boy can bash liberals together. maybe hold hands while watching loose change in travis' basement? his mom will make cookies.

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah you gotta know the secret handshake to eat them.

mostly the secret handshake consists of giving each other hand jobs while speaking the name of the savior (kurt nimmo) repeatedly.