INXS New lead singer!

Uki Chick

Fortune Shines as INXS "Star

by Charlie Amter
Sep 20, 2005, 9:30 PM PT

INXS hopes to have found a new sensation in the form of a onetime Elvis impersonator.

The Australian rock band tapped J.D. Fortune as its lead singer on CBS' Rock Star: INXS Tuesday, ending 13 weeks of American Idol-style competition among 15 performers.

"We're a band now," the 31-year-old Canadian singer told E! Online after his win.

"We're complete. That's an amazing thing. And I don't think age has anything to do with it because music is a language, and if you speak it fluently you can speak to other people in that language. And we all speak it fluently."

Complete story

I watched the show. He's good.......and HE'S CANADIAN!!!!!! :beardbng:

INXS was an anomally. Part dance band, part hard rock. Bunch a geeky looking guys with a modern day Jim Morrison up front. Michael Hutchence was what made the band. He died. The band should have died with him. Jumping on the "reality" tv bandwagon to pick the replacement was cheesy beyond compare.

SouthernN'Proud said:
INXS was an anomally. Part dance band, part hard rock. Bunch a geeky looking guys...

Franz Ferdinand fits in that mold now, only more gay, as in homosexual. Way more gay.

I watched it a few times ... but only to see Dave Navarro *drools* .. you know who should be famous? The STAGE BAND .. yeah, they seriously rocked.

i got hooked on that show about 4 weeks into it. i really enjoyed it. i thought there were a few very talented singers/performers that will go on to successful careers.

and yeah, the house band kicked ass.

Good singers aren't as hard to come as a format that works as a tv show. The back story, judging, etc. was what I found lacking.

Someone did a rendition of "Wish you were here" by Floyd. There was so much wrong with that, I don't know where to start. And all the judges though it was stupendous and did the song justice. I just don't agree. And then the little chick in the tight clothes comes on and tries to hawk some swag on you. And the next person did an Elvis song and I thought blew it, and again, got rave reviews. :shrug:

But that's my problem with watching these reality shows. I was watching my dancing reality show last night and one of two guys had to get voted off (by call ins) It was totally obvious that one was SO much better than the other, more charismatic, more versatile, etc. but he got voted off. Why? I guess because more people liked the other guy. Even though he's only good at his own genre of dance and muddles along with everything else.

:mad:

greenfreak said:
Good singers aren't as hard to come as a format that works as a tv show. The back story, judging, etc. was what I found lacking.

Someone did a rendition of "Wish you were here" by Floyd. There was so much wrong with that, I don't know where to start. And all the judges though it was stupendous and did the song justice. I just don't agree. And then the little chick in the tight clothes comes on and tries to hawk some swag on you. And the next person did an Elvis song and I thought blew it, and again, got rave reviews. :shrug:

But that's my problem with watching these reality shows. I was watching my dancing reality show last night and one of two guys had to get voted off (by call ins) It was totally obvious that one was SO much better than the other, more charismatic, more versatile, etc. but he got voted off. Why? I guess because more people liked the other guy. Even though he's only good at his own genre of dance and muddles along with everything else.

The thing with the INXS show was that the singers could make their own randitions of songs. Although they had certain songs they had to perform, they could change it and make it different, without loosing the song in total.

greenfreak said:

don't you hate it when America gets it wrong? I seriously don't think Melissa should have been voted off either .. Camilla doesn't have her strength or talent - but Camilla's partner saved her from the bottom two. Artem is such a beautiful dancer ... poised .. sexy ... great to watch .. and Jamile is a great raw dancer, also great to watch. The problem I'm having is judging them against genre. Artem is crappy at hiphop but great at everything else. But America likes Jamile ... it's a popularity contest much of the time.

I think Blake's gonna win but I really really really want Nick to win .. He's so great to watch .. just the right mix of fun and intensity .. Blake is so emotional .. he always takes me on a roller coaster ride when I watch him and to be honest, I get enough ups and downs with my life .. don't need it when I watch someone dance LOL

OMG! I started a thread about So You Think You Can Dance and no one responded that they were watching!

I found out last weekend that Rusty's mom has been watching religiously and she was really upset that Snow was voted off. This was to be expected as Rusty's parents are Russian and all.

But I totally agree about everything you said. It was Artem that I was talking about, I thought he was so much more versatile than Jamile. And what was up with Jamile's solos? They're really lacking. So was Blake's, I thought. He didn't choose the right music either. But all the guys are starting to realize they need to show a lot more skin to get votes. :D

All I see when I look at Camilla is that she needs a hot-oil treatment for that hair. Oh and that she always looks sick to her stomach when she finishes her routine.

I like Nick too, and he's not a professional dancer like Blake is. I think it would be nicer for him to win. He also didn't badmouth a judge to the camera.

And the emotion? Remember that scene where Blake started crying during his lyrical routine and everyone else in the room burst out in tears, including the coreographer? I'm sorry but I laughed my ass off. I guess I just don't get it; but then again, I've detested all the lyrical routines. I'd rather see something fast and fun like hip hop, disco, swing, even the ballroom dances.

Have you ever seen "Dance With Me" with Vanessa Williams and Cheyanne? If you like this tv show, you'll love that movie.

Back