Is it me...

unclehobart

Or are TV commercials getting dumber and dumber? I've seen several tonight alone that make me uncomfortable with the level of silliness. They made me want to turn the channel. I could have sworn that ad companies were hired to lure people in... not make them feel sorry or roll their eyes and go 'ugh. Not this one again.'

Always wondered about that to. Along similear note-- I saw a new Herbal Essences commercial a couple months back. The lady was in the process of the yes yes yes part when a bunch of wet bubbles started splatting in her face. Can you picture it? They played it twice in fifteen minutes and i never saw it again.

They all seem to be setting the lowest common denominator. Which are you complaiing about? Local or national?

Both. Local stuff is beyond stupid. Thats nothing but 2 cent vidcam shots of car dealers screaming in hick accents that would warp girders. The national commercials may have money behind them, but they are by and large just as painful.

Just saw an Arbys commercial. The current campaign where everyone has embarrassing acid flashback hunger attacks and end up moaning and screeching like a 14 y/o geek in a strip club with a fistfull of 100s. blech.

Its also political ad season ... elections are just two weeks away. 90% of those equate to elective surgery without pain killers.

Political ads have hit rock bottom.

I actually heard the never-ending campaign the Republicans always complain about. I always thought it was rhetorical but the ad had gramma talking about prescription drugs or food & living long enough to see her grankids get married. I thought it had to be a joke until the voice over was telling me about how it was paid for by the DNC & not by a particular candidate. Help me...I've gotten trapped in hell. :rolleyes:

yeap, they are getting dumber and dumber, yet another reason for me to not watch TV.

I'm annoyed; the political ads were funnier in 2000. I'll never forget the one over here with the chicken clucking: "I'm a cow." I don't remember who that one was for--actually, who that one was trying to smear--but it was pretty funny the first time I saw it.

I need to reread that series. I only remeber certain parts of it anymore.

35 government agents stormed the house as it blew to pieces... no lives of consequence were lost.

Back