It ain't Pac Man

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
We've come a long way since the quarter arcade with Tempest or Ms Pac Man or Joust. Now, we've come a step past the Battlefield series & possibly even past Far Cry.

Company of Heroes

Everything is capable of being destroyed. But doing that leaves your company nowhere to duck & cover.

It sounds like this one may not drown in the sea of WW2 games.

Start at Omaha Beach & fight your way past the Nazis.

Screenshot

I want a simulator that doesn't force one into missions... but rather has you as a soldier in a random spot of a major offensive/defense... and you can go anywhere and do anything that your heart desires.

Stay in a mass pack army and go with the flow... or sneak behind the lines and play sniper monkey. Steal a plane, bomb a bridge, hide in a cave like a pussy... it would be sweet.

we've got a flash game version of Pacman at work on all the computers ..bloody addictive liddle bugger ... just - hugely annoying when clients ring up for project updates ... having the cheek to mention the dreaded D word ... 'deadline dates' and other game-play dampeners :D

don't they know we are busy?

anyone ever play castle attack? ..a basic download game ...addictive tho'

cool screenshot graphics - till i saw the shadows - but i am guessing that's a customisable thing?

yep
Please note that Company of Heroes does not support Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 95/98/NT/2000.

1.1 SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM

• Windows® XP or Vista
• 2.0 Ghz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent or AMD Athlon XP or equivalent
• 512 MB RAM
• 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 64MB video card with Pixel Shader 1.1 support or equivalent and latest manufacturer drivers (see supported chipsets below)
• DirectX® 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card
• 8x or faster CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive
• Keyboard, Mouse
• 6.5 GB of uncompressed free hard drive space (We recommend having 1 gigabyte of of free space after installation)

RECOMMENDED

• 3.0 Ghz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent
• 1 GB RAM
• 256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series or better

Too bad. It's an interesting game, to a point. The point is where you got bored with C&C Generals. Same game with better slightly graphics. I was hoping for a WW2 like Far Cry, only superior. It's just another a strategy game.

Back