It's outta here!

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
The San Francisco Giants won't be bringing back Barry Bonds for 2008, the team announced in a news release Friday.

The slugger first reported he won't be returning on his Web site. The Giants planned an 8 p.m. ET news conference Friday to announce the decision.

"Although I am disappointed, I've always said baseball is a business -- and I respect their decision," Bonds said on the site. "However, I am saddened and upset that I was not given an earlier opportunity to properly say goodbye to you, my fans, and celebrate with the city throughout the season as I truly believe this was not a last minute decision by the Giants, but one that was made some time ago."

So y'all will know I ain't lying

So. Needle Boy will have to try and ingratiate himself to another owner if he wishes to continue his stellar career one more season. Most likely an AL team, as his fielding prowess is not anything to drool over, and he could DH in the AL.

And naturally, he has to find somebody to complain about...to blame something on...in this case, it's the team that has paid him millions of dollars to play about 2/3 of the games on the schedule. What a class act he is.

I've seen it splashed all over. Without the roids his body is imploding. He wouldn't be able to do more than 25 homers next year. I think he just wants to break 3000 hits and a few other minor records... not that he's earned any of those either.

And you know, he would have been a first ballot HOF player without the roids. I didn't hate him before he started juicing. I thought he was arrogant, but he's far from alone there.

Arrogance in pro sports is nothing more than annoying. Drugs to enhance your performance is cheating. Ask the bicycle guy

Can we get those judges to look at Barrys case? :rofl2:

He'll be with the Yankee's next year.

I was flicking through the tv channels the other day and "rookie of the year" was on. It was right at the part where the kid stikes out Bonds. Holy crap was he small compaired to now.

Back