I've been a little down lately ...

nalani

... and I think I just figured out why.

I'll be graduating this semester and, even though I'm so glad that I won't have to read for hours and write for hours and go back and forth to the university and work, it's been such a big part of my life for the last 5 years that I think I'm actually going to miss it. But that's not all ...

Next month my baby girl will be turning 12. She's almost as tall as I am, has the ass I always wished I had, and pretty much does everything on her own (except once in a while she'll need my help finding a word in the dictionary or she'll ask me to help put her hair in a ponytail .. things like that.)

My middle child is 13 and is already taller than all of us. He is the only one that goes to a school not wholly connected to the Family and is the epitomy of 'teenager'. He never asks for anything from me save for the occassional $10 to watch a movie with friends.

The eldest will be graduating at the end of next month. Tomorrow he turns 18. He'll be going to Hawai'i Community College, entering the Culinary Arts program in the Fall, which I'm very happy about. He only asks for the car.

Holyhell, I miss the little snot-nosed kids I used to have. Where'd the time go???

nalani said:
... and I think I just figured out why.

I'll be graduating this semester and, even though I'm so glad that I won't have to read for hours and write for hours and go back and forth to the university and work, it's been such a big part of my life for the last 5 years that I think I'm actually going to miss it. But that's not all ...

Next month my baby girl will be turning 12. She's almost as tall as I am, has the ass I always wished I had, and pretty much does everything on her own (except once in a while she'll need my help finding a word in the dictionary or she'll ask me to help put her hair in a ponytail .. things like that.)

My middle child is 13 and is already taller than all of us. He is the only one that goes to a school not wholly connected to the Family and is the epitomy of 'teenager'. He never asks for anything from me save for the occassional $10 to watch a movie with friends.

The eldest will be graduating at the end of next month. Tomorrow he turns 18. He'll be going to Hawai'i Community College, entering the Culinary Arts program in the Fall, which I'm very happy about. He only asks for the car.

Holyhell, I miss the little snot-nosed kids I used to have. Where'd the time go???

*wipes snot on her sleeve* (ok, seriously guys, not REALLY)

I can't say that I know how you feel...but the kids thing kinda gives me insight into how my mom might feel...thank you :hug:

Also, hope you're feeling more upbeat soon

nalani said:
Where'd the time go???

That's what all people say. But you've had a great time, have great kids and so many things to be proud of, that's what really matters.

Wait'll your first grandbaby turns 10 (as mine will a week from Monday). Like Homey says, we're just progressing through life. I've recently been considering that I'm now probably closer to the end than to the beginning, but fuck that. I haven't grown up yet and I'm not about to start. :D

Since you mentioned it...We'll need pics of your ass to judge the worthiness for ourselves. If you prefer, I can fly to Hickam, and do a 'hands-on' inspection. :angel:

You must be SO proud! The time flies, but look what it brought with it. I hope that someday I will be able to say such wonderful things about my kids and the time I spent with them.

In my case, I hope Athena gets the chin I never had. I really hate my butt chin. Poor Alex has to suffer with it but her beauty distracts from it very well.

...and speaking of kids growing up too soon...

this morning i told the baby girl, "good morning my baby girl."
and you know what her reply was? "mom, i'm not a baby girl, i'm a big girl." :crying4:

yeah, she's all of 2 years old. *sniff, sniff*

Mine's nearly nine. She's still trying to decide if she wants to be daddy's little girl, or a big girl with rights. She still snuggles, tho.

all my kids still snuggle .. it's getting old :D

ku'u's babygirl is so funny ... this morning she saw my oldest son wearing the shirt that she picked out for his birthday as she was driving away from the house. She told her mom "Kiki (the babies call him "Kiki" - short for Keali'i :D) is wearing my shirt" ... ku'u just had to call me from down the road and tell me that hehehehehe

nalani said:
ku'u's babygirl is so funny ... this morning she saw my oldest son wearing the shirt that she picked out for his birthday as she was driving away from the house. She told her mom "Kiki (the babies call him "Kiki" - short for Keali'i :D) is wearing my shirt" ... ku'u just had to call me from down the road and tell me that hehehehehe

i thought it was pretty damn observant of her to notice *proud mommy*

Back