I've just started taking my 16+ teaching certificate.

Aunty Em

... and I want to complain! Just because I'm already teaching I have to be observed teaching in my job AND do a 1 hour Micro-teaching session in a 15 week period.... most unfair I call it! Plus I have to go and observe an experienced teacher and write a report, keep a weekly journal and numerous other things including research the subject I'm teaching to make sure I pitch it at the right level. Hmmm.

That means I'm going to have to write lesson plans for both... I wonder if I'm going to have enough time?

I don't suppose I should complain since when I have the certificate £18/hr ($30) is minimum pay. :)

kuulani said:
that's right ...it's not about the children, do it for the money :headbang:

:D

I'm not teaching kids, I'm teaching adults. It means I can work less hours and spend more time with my kid in a town where the usual wage is £4.10/hr if you work part-time. And since science and IT are both shortage areas I'll have more freedom to pick my hours to suit myself.

I've always intended to teach since I first began my degree, but kids not adults then. But the hours make it impossible to do on my own without a carer which costs the earth @ £10/ hr.

So yes, the money is a consideration because it allows me to be a good mum and to work at the same time. And not just work, but to do something that I really enjoy doing, which is teaching.

Back