"Jesus Christ, Out of Egypt" by Anne Rice

nalani

anyone else read, or reading, this book?

I picked it up a few weeks ago ... am only on chapter 10 at the moment so I'm not sure if I really like it or not. It's ... slow; not exactly what I expected from Anne Rice. It could be my lack of time to sit and read but normally, if I'm *that* into a book, I'll make time .. or basically just put off everything else that I have to do because I can't stop reading. This one I just read when I feel like it.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the book?

tonksy

Anne Rice is the only author I know of that can yammer on for a page and a half about the brocade patterned material on a footstool. If you get through it let me know.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I ran out of interest with Anne Rice several years ago. Loved her Vampire Chronicles & the Mayfairs but as she added to those stories, it got drier & more boring with each passing addition.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
unclehobart said:
Hemmingway could also prattle endlessly about piffle. A real literary paint-dry-athon.

Which is why most 'fans' are English professors or College students...:) :lol2:

nalani

LMAO @ tonks and unc

tonks, girl .. if I get through it, I'll mail it to you! :D
Right now, it's sitting on my lil plastic chest-of-drawers in my bathroom ... do you think it's consider sacreligious to use that book as a 'bathroom reader'? :D

nalani

Starya said:
So, no vampires in this one then? :mope:

'Vittorio the Vampire' is my fav by her.

ummm... unfortunately, the Vatican made her take out all the vampires from the story of Jesus' life :D

tonksy

nalani said:
LMAO @ tonks and unc

tonks, girl .. if I get through it, I'll mail it to you! :D
Right now, it's sitting on my lil plastic chest-of-drawers in my bathroom ... do you think it's consider sacreligious to use that book as a 'bathroom reader'? :D
Cool! and I'd say it's only sacreligious if you wipe with it.